2. That Arthtur guy really is a dick

Merlin woke up from someone calling his name out multiple times and shaking him roughly, half awake he could feel the train come to an halt, slowly he opened his eyes, blinking a few times to get used to the blinding sun.

„I thought you would never wake up." Gwen said, she already had her backpack on and her suitcase in her hand, all around him people got ready to leave the train. The door opened and thats when Merlin finally woke up, quickly he gathered his stuff, luckily he didn't unpack anything except from his headphones and a bottle of water.

„Thanks for waking me." Merlin said as they left, Gwen and her brother had waited for him they really where one of the nicest people Merlin had met.

„Wouldn't want you to miss the first day of school." Elyan just said with a kind smile.

„How do we get there from here anyway?" Merlin asked, he would be totally helpless without these two.

„It's not far from here, just follow us." Gwen answered, while they stepped out of the train station.

It really wasn't far, but with their luggage the way was quiet exhausting (Merlin could of course do something about it but he thought it wouldn't be fair towards his new won friends).

The road they walked was quiet nice, with a row of houses on one side and a field and a lake on the other which for some reason felt oddly familiar, but different from how Gwens face had felt familiar. This lake felt nostalgic in a negative kind of way, the dark water looked cold in more ways than just the temperature, the fog that hovered over the water and hid the island on the other side didn't help with that.

Gwen and Elyan didn't seem to notice the sorrowful atmosphere and just went on, chatting and laughing on their way, Merlin hurried after them, trying to turn away from the lake and the feelings is caused inside him.

The houses stopped and Merlin could see the tall school-building in short distance.

„And there we are." Gwen announced after a few minutes of walking. They stood in front of an almost ancient looking building, with brick-walls, a giant wooden door, fancy looking windows and with all the towers it almost resembled a castle, there was a reason for it's name after all.

„Don't worry it doesn't look like that from the inside." Elyan assures him, when he sees Merlins eyes widened in wonder, of course he had seen pictures of the building, but seeing it up close was just totally different, never had he seen a building this majestic in his little village.

A few other students are gathered around the yard, probably chatting about their summers, some where crying, some others say goodbye to their parents, some both (something Merlin noticed was that there where incredibly many hugs).

„Gwen!" Someone yelled from the crowd, a girl as beautiful as can be, with wavy black hair, maybe even darker than Merlins, and bright green, almost grey eyes. Her clothing dark, just like her hair, but in no way inconspicuous. She waved her hand to get Gwen attention, which she quickly got.

„Morgana!" Gwen called out, running over to her to pull her into a close hug.

Merlin couldn't get a close look at the woman, and if he was honest he really didn't want to. Maybe it was the dark clothing, maybe these piercing eyes, but something about her made Merlin shiver in fear, he felt his magic spiralling inside him.

„Well, thats Morgana." Elyan informed him, the girls started chatting exited, they haven't really seen each other all summer after all „This might take a while." he looked at his sisters luggage which she left behind and sighed „If she expects me to carry that to her room she is greatly mistaken" But Gwen didn't seem to get back anytime soon, Elyan just rolled his eyes and grabbed the handle. „Well, do you know how to find your room?"

Merlin had received his room number a few weeks earlier „If you tell me how to get to the boys dorms." He said , scratching his head.

Even with Elyans description he had almost gotten lost in the building (he in fact had got lost but ended up in the right dorm for some reason anyways, it just took a while).

Carefully he opened the door to his room, the number on it shimmered golden. Should he have knocked, it was his room but what if his roommate was already there. Does he even have a roommate? He decided against it and just carefully pushed open the door. He stepped in and looked around, on one of the beds a blond boy in a red hoodie only looking up from his phone after a few seconds.

„You're in the wrong room." He just said, Merlin wasn't sure what to respond, confused he looked down on a little piece of paper in his hand and compared it's numbers with the ones on the door (he was sure that the numbers on the paper where right he had checked that many times).

„I don't think so." Merlin said, standing straight, hoping that guy wouldn't be his roommate.

„Lance doesn't have a roommate, never did." the other said, which was quiet a relieve because it meant Merlin wouldn't have to life with this guy for the rest this school year (except he spoke about himself in third person).

„Well, now he does." the raven-haired boy said with confidence putting his backpack down „I'm new here."

„Figured." The other finally stood up and that was when Merlin first saw his face completely, his breath stopped for a second. It was so clear, clearer than it was with Gwen or the lake, he knew this person. These blue eyes, if they weren't looking down on him (despite him not even being taller than Merlin) filled with anger they could be described as beautiful. For just a moment the anger in them disappeared and gets replaced with confusion, but the other Jsut shook his head and stepped back a little before taking a firm look again.

„You don't know who I am then I suppose." the blond says.

„Should I?" Merlin responded, not moving back from the piercing look of the other.

„The names Arthur Pendragon." He says with a smile. That was a name Merlin had actually already heard. The school was strickt about fights, except when Arthur started them, Elyan had warned him and he started a lot of them. The kid of the Principal ‚Uther Pendragon'.

Merlin still didn't back away „I'm Merlin, very nice to meet you." That's when the winning smile of the other disappeared again.

„Are you making fun of me?" Arthur said with an warning tone, clenching his fists. Merlin had no reason to fear, even if he was to punch him, he could still ‚accidentally' let a lamp fall or let the other stubble over his own feet.

„His name is actually Merlin, Gwen told me." Another voice came from the door, a guy with brown, short, messy hair stepped next to Arthur and put a hand on his shoulder „Funny isn't it." The new guy said with a warning tine directed at Arthur, who just rolles his eyes and drops his fists. „Anyways I am Lancelot, Lance for short." The (rather attractive) man smiled and reached out his hand, Merlin shakes it a bit confused.

„Well I am Merlin." He repeated, and once again he found himself recognizing another face but not in the way he had recognized Arthur, compared to that, the heavy feeling almost went unnoticed.

•·················•·················•

I got no idea how boarding schools work :)

From now on there will be weekly updates every Friday until I catch up to my unprepared chapters!

See you next chapter!