Chapter 30

My forehead creases even more. Oo nga, Jassy. Why would your ex wants you to go home? He is already over you! He has someone else to make his heart filled with nervous excitement, ecstasy, and joy.

"Uhmm... Can you give the phone to my sister? I only called for her," I murmured the last sentence.

"You called for her... But you dialed my phone number," he said sarcastically.

I got irritated. Bobo ba siya? Malamang siya ang tatawagan ko dahil malapit lang si Fatima sa kan'ya!

"It's because she's living with you! Let me talk to my sister, Nehemiah. Give the phone to her."

"I can't... You can't talk to her today."

Tulayan na akong nainis sa kan'ya. I sighed in frustration. Kung makaasta s'ya ay parang siya na ang kapatid ni Fatima. I get it, his family took care of my sister. Ha have the rights to her but he can't just take away my sister to me. I'm still her real family!

"Bakit ayaw mo, huh? Bakit hindi pwede, Nehemiah?

I heard the door of my office opens, but I only ignored it. Sigurado akong si Jel lang iyon.

"She's not living..."

Hindi ko na narinig ang sumunod na sinabi n'ya nang may pumalupot na mga braso sa bewang ko. I accidentally muted the call.

"Babe..." Andrew pressed his head on my neck and kissed my left shoulder.

I sighed and returned to the call.

"I'm sorry. What are you saying again?" I asked Nehemiah who's now quite on the other line.

"Who's that?" Andrew asked.

I smiled and distant myself a bit from him, hinayaan n'ya naman akong makalayo sa kan'ya ngunit ang braso n'ya ay nanatiling nakapalupot sa akin.

"An old friend..." I whispered, trying not to make Nehemiah hear it.

Andrew nodded, "I missed you, Babe."

I laughed and shook my head. Kaya kami naiisue dahil sa mga tinatawag sa akin. Minsan mahal, kadalasan babe. Though, he calls me Lia, too. Siya lang ang tumatawag sa akin na Lia. We are not even a thing, we are only best friends.

"Tsk," Nehemiah said and ended the call.

Napatayo ako sa biglaang gulat. Did he end the call without letting me talk to my sister?!

Wow! Iniwan lang kita, Nehemiah, naging bastos ka na!

"Hey, what's the problem?" Andrew grabbed my hand and made me sit again.

I took a deep breath, "Nothing. May gago lang na binabaan ako ng tawag."

I don't have to force myself to move on from him! I already moved on from him after what he did!

But this feels nostalgic, this is what I felt when I had a conversation with him before. Iyong naiinis, naiirita, nanggigigil, at nangangati ang palad na masampal siya. The only difference is we're strangers before, but now, we are strangers with memories.

"When are you going to visit the Philippines, anyway?" biglang tanong ni Andrew.

I shrugged. I still don't know when's the perfect time to visit my home. Nehemiah told me to talked to my sister personally. I agree with him. It's better if I talk to her in person para makita ko siya nang tuluyan.

I might come back within this year.

"I still don't know."

"Come with me. I have a business to fix there..."