Prologue

A/n: This is my first like actual fanfic so stick with me. I will have trigger warnings before every chapter and warning of smut etc.

I also have a mild case of dyslexia so pls just ignore spelling mistakes.

Thank you :)

TW- mentions of threatened SA

---------- ꧁꧂ ----------

Whatever she wanted was to be put in her hands. At least that's what her mother said. Yet all she ever received was the same looks from Zeus who would do whatever he could to look up her skirt and a loneliness that berated her heart for being too kind. It was like her mother didn't care for the child. To Demeter, Persephone was like a doll to be displayed, a trophy of Zeus' favor, so when Zeus took the chance to stare at the child it was all Demeter could do to not raise all hell. But for a young girl how could she understand this, it was too much for her young mind, so she loved. She loved her father, Zeus and her mother, Demeter more than she loved the nectar from all the fruits in the world. She placed them in a kingdom of gold where life was simple and the sun always shone.

By the age of 6 Persephone had already learned "good" and "evil". Evil was the Titans stuck deep down in Tartarus. They brought sorrow and anger. Good was Zeus and the gods who ruled the world from above teaching of faith and love. The one who was never included in her books was Hades. If the gods had anything to say about Hades it was that she stole life in the blink of an eye turning plants to weeds and laughter to sobs. Yet the truth lies much deeper than that, deeper than a 6 year old cared to look. Of course it was never Hades who brought death. But Zeus and the rest of the gods. They handled the short lives of the humans like toys to break.

By the age of 10 Persephone learned of her brightness on the world. How her flowers bring light to the darkness during the warmest months of the year. Of course harvest was yet invented and the less warm months still brought much food and life. Persephone would weave crowns out of her footsteps and create mountains of berries for her to snack. To her now, this was what life was all about. This was how the world was meant to be forever. Persephone also didn't think very far ahead. She believed there was no past or future too bright to care about. But every part of her life has been good so far.

It was at 16 that life began to wilt. Persephone could not ignore the backhanded comments her mother made of her appearance and the not so sly looks from her father. The earth and its people cherished her. Many temples were already devoted to her as she was the harvester of color and grain. She was the goddess of giving not greed. But how could she not yearn for a better life. Parties would go on for days in her honor, people drowning in food and laughter. Yet Persephone would sit above and wonder would they ever stop because it wasn't her enjoying the food.

So I won't tell the story of the fallen goddess stolen of her innocence. Or the evil queen of death and her harvest of the life above. I let Persephone tell of how she brought the world to its knees and placed a hammered crown of sorrow and peace. Because without winter there is no summer. Without light there is no dark. And without evil there is no good.

Zlo - [noun] 1. evil 2. to distinguish good from evil