Chapter 1

I ran into the conference room and saw that I was a few minutes late and quietly sat next to Emily "Gilmore, you're late" hotch said "I'm sorry sir I really needed coffee" I said and penelope carried on presenting the case and I secretly held Emily's hand underneath the table "I told you that it wasn't worth being late" she muttered and I shushed her "three wives found dead in their kitchens and the husbands were no where to be seen, children were locked up in the closets. all three victims were from upper middle class between the ages of thirty and fourty in Hartford" penelope finished the presentation "wheels up in thirty" hotch said and we all got up. "say didn't you grow up in Hartford?" spencer asked "oh yeah I did" I said "do you recognize any of the names or the victims?" he asked "I recognize the surnames, they're the surnames names of my parents friends but I don't recognize any of the victims" I said and he nodded and we walked onto the jet and sat down and I finished the last sip of my coffee and put it on the table and we took out the file "they were stabbed repeatedly in the chest showing signs of aggression" morgan said "yeah but it looks like the husbands were taken without a struggle and there wasn't any fighting back from the victims" JJ said "they could've be used as a manipulation tactic against eachother like 'char;ise, if you behave Emily will survive' and 'if you go without a fight I won't kill your kids" rossi said.

when we landed we went right to the police station and went to a conference room "we need to interview some of the victims kids to see if they can recall anything from the night" hotch said "I agree, but won't it be a traumatic experience to relive the night?" I asked "usually kids react to trauma differently to grown ups so it might not be such a dramatic experience" spencer said and I nodded "ok reid and Emily you'll interview the kids, morgan and Gilmore youll go examine the bodies and JJ, rossi and I will go with the detective to the houses" hotch said and derek and I went to examine the bodies.

"we've found signs that these women have been tied up and raped before being stabbed repeatedly in the lower abdomen area" the coroner said "why do I get a strong feeling that the area of the stabs is somehow connected to the fathers kidnapping?" I said to derek "is it a gut feeling or a fact?" derek said "could she have been tied up while he raped her? I mean i'm all for a bit of action in the sheets but not like this" I said "I did not need to know that" he said horrified and I rolled my eyes playfully.

when we got back to the station we discussed what we'd discovered and I got up and stretched "I need coffee anyone want anything?" I said "I'll have an espresso if you're buying" rossi said "great, anything else?" I said "I'll come with you" Emily said and she got up and I nodded and we walked toward a random coffee shop across the street "so how do you feel being back?" she asked as we left the building "it's honestly so weird being back here, I mean it's been so long since I was here last. but also really anxious about running into my parents again" I said and I grabbed her hand and held it and she raised her eyebrows and I gave her a quick peck on the lips "lets go" I said and we walked over to a crossing and waited for the light to turn green and then crossed the road and walked to the coffee shop. once it was our turn to order we were greeted by a college student "how can I help you?" they asked "hi i'd like a large americano and an espresso, you want anything babe?" I asked Emily "I'll have a medium iced mocha latte'" Emily said and the barrista nodded "and what's your name?" they asked "Gilmore" I said without thinking "anything else with that?" they asked "two pastries" I said to them and they nodded "that'll be twenty five dollars" they said and I swiped my card "that'll be with you in a moment" they said and we went to sit down "hopefully this case goes quickly and I don't see my mom" I said "it'll be ok" she said "so how you doing?" I asked her "I'm fine, the interviews with the kids were just..." she started "heartbreaking?" I guessed and she nodded "so heartbreaking, this is gonna affect these tiny gremlins for the rest of their lives" she said and I nodded "imaging being four and the last thing you remember of your mother is her screaming and your dad trying to stop the murderer from hurting your mom" she said "awful" I said and I heard our order being called out "I'll help you with the order" she said and we got up and went to the counter "is there anything I can use to carry these?" I asked and one of the barristas gave me something to carry the cups and we walked back to the station.

"they found another dead body, a man this time" rossi said "have they identified who's body it is?" I asked "its husband number two, he was found outside a country club nearby" rossi said and my eyes widened "oh my god, the country club" I said in shock "you know that place?" hotch asked "yeah that's the country club that my parents have been going to for years" I said shocked "we've lost her" derek said and I gave him a third finger "Emily, rossi, charlise and JJ will go down to the club and the rest of us will go to the medical examiner to examine the body" hotch said and JJ rubbed my arm and I blinked and look around "we're going to the country club" she said and I nodded and got up and walked to the suv and got in the car and drove off towards the country club. when we got there we saw a lot of police presence and we got out the van and walked over to the crime scene which was at the entrance of the club "FBI, what's going on here?" rossi said "this woman here found the body as she walked out the the country club" the lead detective said "I'll go question her" I said and walked towards her "ma'am I'd like to ask you a few questions, is that ok?" I asked her "and you are?" she asked "agent galore, FBI" I said "Gilmore? you must be Emily and Richards kid" she said "um uh yeah?would you be willing to tell me about when you found the body?" I asked her and she nodded "so I'd just met a friend at the club for lunch and I was just leaving to get something from the car when I stepped out and saw a corpse and the ground. now I had a feeling that it was Cheryl and micheal's son but I couldn't be too sure, so I called the police and was answering questions" she said and I nodded "did you by any chance see anyone in the area when you came out?" I asked "there was this one man, he looked ginger and short" she said "thank you ma'am that is very helpful" I said and she nodded and I ran to where rossi and Emily were talking to people "witness gave a description of the suspect" I said and they nodded and we called JJ and went to the suv and went back to the police station.