Chapter 2

No one's POV (still on the quinjet) 

The quinjet was on autopilot as everyone got some rest from the crazy mission they had just got out of. Wanda slept peacefully on the pull-out bed with her gray blanket still wrapped around her small figure. Natasha started to stir in her sleep and eventually woke up. The rest were still asleep except for her. 

Natasha's POV

I wake up after having a nightmare, which is quite usual, but this nightmare was different, almost like it wasn't my own. I look over at the young girl and see red coming from her hands, and I'm assuming she accidentally gave me her dream. Just thinking about how she has to have dreams like that that are so dark makes me sad. She is just 13 years old and has nightmares of her past and how she ended up in HYDRA. The dream I saw was terrifying, and it was of her sitting in a chair strapped down and getting injected and her begging for them to stop, but shortly after, she passed out, and that's when I woke up. I suddenly am pulled out of my thoughts when I hear movements and slight cries coming from sleeping, Wanda. I immediately get up and walk over to her shaking her awake gently to not to scare her. 

"It's okay. You're safe with me. Wake up милая it's just a dream." I tell her as I'm shaking her gently. 

She bolts up, and tears are streaming down her face, and she looks around; I'm guessing she was checking her surroundings to make sure she wasn't back at HYDRA. She makes eye contact with me, and she immediately hugs me so tight. I was caught off guard, but I eventually hugged her back and picked her up, letting her head lay in the crook of my neck. I feel her heartbeats getting slower, assuming she was falling back asleep. This poor girl is exhausted, and she wants someone to give her affection, and I'm going to be that person she needs.  I want her to have her childhood back again, and I don't want her to have a childhood as I did. I'm going to protect her like my own child. I already feel like she is my child as she lays in my arms, sleeping as I find myself rocking her back and forth. I go and sit on one of the many seats with her still in my arms. I obviously could have put her back into the bed she was sleeping in, but I didn't want to let her go for some reason. I slowly fall asleep myself. 

Steves POV (about 2 hours later)

I wake up with everyone except Natasha and Wanda, who we all found snuggling in a chair together asleep. It was honestly the cutest thing ever, and everyone looked in awe. Tony being Tony took a photo on his phone for memories of the adorable moment. We decided to let them sleep, knowing the little girl needed as much as she could get. 

"Does anyone know how they ended up like that?" Clint asks, pointing to the girls still asleep.

Everyone shakes their heads no.

"We can talk to Nat about it when she wakes up," I reply 

"Were about 15 minutes away? Should we wake them up?" Tony asks, now flying the quinjet. 

"Yeah, we might as well. I'll wake them up." I reply

I head over to the seat they are asleep on, and I start shaking Natasha awake. She immediately wakes up after one shake. She looks down and smiles at Wanda, still asleep. She slowly gets up, still holding her. Wanda stirs a bit but stays asleep. 

"We land in about 10 minutes. We thought we should wake you up. Is she okay?" 

"I'll wake her up when we land. Yeah, she's good. She had a nightmare last night, and when she saw me, she hugged me so tight, and I just, out of instinct, picked her up, and she fell asleep in my arms. I couldn't put her down. I was enjoying it so much, Steve. It feels like she is my child, and I will do my best to be here for her and make sure she has an amazing life."

"That's adorable. She probably sees you as a mother figure." I reply to her. She nods her head and looks down at the sleeping girl, and smiles again.  

"Were here you guys!" Tony yells to us.

"Sweetie wake up were home." Natasha says as she slowly shakes the girl awake. 

Wanda slowly opens her eyes and tightens her grip around Natasha and slowly lifts her head up and looks around and see's me. I smile at her but she puts her head right back onto Nats shoulder still keeping her eyes open. Im guessing she is shy. Natasha holds her tightly and stroking her hair and we start walking off the jet and heading into the compound. 

"Welcome to your new home sweetie." Natasha says as Wanda lifts her head up and takes in her surroundings. 

What will Wanda think about the compound?

 Wanda is getting close to Nat and is seeing her as a mother figure!

What should happen next? GIve me ideas please!