Chapter 7

Sorry I haven't updated lately. I've been busy trying to get used to my new classes.

Foxpaw was shocked. Hawkflight? Will he die or will he fight the Rat off? All these questions bubbled in Foxpaw's brain. "Should we protect Hawkflight?" Honeypaw asked. "I don't know. According to the prophecy, it will happen. But do we want it to happen?" Dogpaw asked, clearly thinking very hard.

"I had another dream last night," Honeypaw piped up, "it was the same as last time's but Sootstar said, Are you prey or are you predator? Make your decision to save the clans. I think it's another prophecy from StarClan!"

Foxpaw looked at the other two, hoping that they had any ideas on what it meant because her mind was blank.

Suddenly, Stripedrose came in "Please go, I need my apprentice to learn about herbs to treat Whitecough and Greencough today," She instructed, giving Dogpaw a dirty look.

Dogpaw gave Stripedrose a look of confusion before leaving the den. Honeypaw gave Foxpaw a shrug clearly saying I don't know.

Foxpaw left the medicine den to find Frogspring waiting for her "Time for the sunhigh patrol," He said with a grin. Milkpaw, Cricketsong, Darkpelt and Crowpaw were waiting for them "Yesterday Appleshine said that a fox chased them," Darkpelt grunted, his amber eyes fixed on Crowpaw. Foxpaw felt a bit uneasy at the word Fox. What if the fox thinks that Foxpaw was another fox? "Ok, let's go," Cricketsong announced.

The forest got denser and denser at every step. Foxpaw had to continually jump and duck underthings. Crowpaw caught a mouse and Frogspring got a blackbird. Finally, they found a large hole in the ground big enough for a fox Foxpaw thought as she peered down at the fox den.

"Do you hear that?" Darkpelt whispered. Foxpaw pricked her ears, she could hear yipping coming from the fox den "It's a vixen with cubs!" Milkpaw exclaimed.

Suddenly, a long russet-coloured snout came out of the fox den, followed by a huge fox. The vixen snapped her jaws and Darkpelt and Frogspring leapt onto the fox, biting and scratching her flank.

Milkpaw was down at the vixen's legs, biting them with her teeth.

The vixen yelped in alarm as Cricketsong jumped onto her face. Crowpaw jumped at the vixen's tail, clawing it with huge aggression "Foxpaw, run for help!" Frogspring yelled as the vixen pushed him off her back.

Blood pounding in her ears, Foxpaw ran back to camp. She could see the meadow, as she looked up she could see the bee's nest.

FlowerClan cats were experts at collecting honey, they knew how to do it without getting stung and when another clan attacked the bees would sting the other cats.

Foxpaw burst into camp "Fox! We need another patrol!" She yowled as loud as possible. Badgerclaw ran on top of the Hiverock "Eagleeye, Wolfstorm, Dogpaw, Hailstorm and Fawnwish follow me!" He announced. "Take me to the fox den," Badgerclaw told her. Foxpaw nodded and ran back towards the fox den, the patrol behind her.

When they got there Foxpaw could see that the vixen's two cubs had joined in the fight. She quickly realized that the cubs were almost fully grown and the cats were outnumbered.

"Foxpaw, you're here!" Milkpaw cried out, blood oozing from her flank. Eagleeye leapt at the vixen before anyone else could say anything, clawing its face with his sharp claws. Wolfstorm jumped on top of one of the vixen's almost fully grown cub, biting its back. Dogpaw joined his mentor and began nipping at its legs in an attempt to make it fall over.

Hailstorm and Fawnwish were clawing at the other cub, the young warriors were fighting well. Badgerclaw had joined Eagleeye and was fighting the vixen with great strength. "Foxpaw, escort the wounded back to camp!" Badgerclaw called out.