1

You were taking a nice evening stroll trough the lovely monastery of Garreg Mach. The air smelled fresher here, somehow. It had been about a year of being in the Golden Deer house at Garreg Mach Monastery, and you still hadn't adjusted to life here quite yet. It was already hard moving away from your family, but now you had to fit in with people from noble families, or people with crests? Ever since moving here, you had always felt out of place. Being a commoner, of course, but also you never seemed to get along with anyone here. Not many people talked to you, nor did you have many friends. You just continued with your studies, and went unbothered.

  Strolling through the vast hallways and corridors of Garreg Mach was one of your favorite hobbies. It felt so much more grand and luxurious than your home life. As you were going on a evening walk like usual, you overheard some interesting conversations. A group of students were sitting at a table, and a small man with green hair and glasses, painting at the other. You quickly ducked behind a pillar to listen in, just out of boredom. "Did you hear? Ignatz over there has taken the liking to art." One girl whispered. "I don't know why he wastes his time on those stupid paintings, does he really think painting will help his poor merchant family?" Said by a man who looks as if he had come from a merchant family himself. After hearing this, you assumed the man painting was Ignatz. He had short green hair tucked behind his ears with straight cut bangs, and circle glasses. You had seen him around classes before, but had never talked to him.

  Ignatz sat there, seeming to not hear any of this. The group looked over at him and continued to giggle. Then, a guy whispered into a girl's ear. The girl nodded, laughing, and the Guy stood up. Whatever is about to happen, I don't think it's good, you thought to yourself.  The tall man began to creep up behind Ignatz, who had still not noticed him because his attention was on the painting. Suddenly, the man pulled out a flask of water, and poured it all over Ignatz's painting! Ignatz shot up, staring at him, who was laughing uncontrollably. The group of girls and guys burst into laughter as well. Much to your surprise, Ignatz didn't get angry at him. "I'm terribly sorry, was I in your way? I'll make sure to paint somewhere private next time." Ignatz chuckled. He then began to pick up his painting supplies and canvas, but the Guy hit them down onto the floor.

  "No, I don't think you understand," He boomed. " You weren't in my way. I just think that your painting was shit. You really think this is worth your time, Mr. Knight in training?" Ignatz heard the last part and averted his eyes. He made no response. The man laughed. "That's what I thought. Focus on becoming stronger, scrawny boy." The man then kicked Ignatz down, just for good measure. Then, he walked away, seemingly feeling as if he had won. Ignatz slowly and carefully gathered his supplies once again, and finally began to walk away.

  After seeing this, you were in an outrage. You saw the short green haired boy walking down the corridor, and decided it was necessary to talk to him. You briskly walked up next to him, and for a minute he didn't notice you. When he did, he shot up. "Oh! Sorry, you startled me. What can I do for you?" He said, with an attitude no one would expect from someone who literally just got kicked on the ground. "I saw the whole thing go down in the Courtyard," You said. "You really need to stand up to yourself more." Ignatz looked down, the smile slightly draining from his face. "Well.. I don't think violence is always the answer. Besides, I was kind of asking for it-" "No you were not!" You interrupted, catching Ignatz off guard. His eyes met yours for a moment. "You were just sitting outside, enjoying a hobby of yours! Nobody deserves something like that for indulging in a hobby!" 

  Ignatz sighed. "Maybe, I suppose. But they do have a point. Painting is just a stupid thing I do, It doesn't help my family in any way. I really should be focusing on my studies more." He said, glancing down at his paints. You gave him a sincere look. "I mean, as long as you feel happy painting, who cares? You probably do fine in your training, and It doesn't matter what they think! I'm sure that if you handed them a paintbrush they couldn't even paint a circle." Ignatz blushed at that last part. "Haha.. well.. I guess so." You sighed, and Ignatz gave you a worried expression. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I've kept you here talking to me for so long, It's almost nightfall. I should really be getting back to my room now." You looked up to the sky. Shoot! I really lost track of time, you thought to yourself.  "Well, see you around?" You smiled. He looked at you for a moment, then glanced away beaming. "Yes! I will see you again soon!"

  "Oh, and what was your name, perhaps?" He asked. "Y/N." He smiled. "Ok, Y/N! I'm Ignatz, an archer in the Golden deer house!"

--------

authors note:
hi!!! i promise i will actually try to update this one more!! also sorry if this is a little bit sloppy i haven't written in a good while LOL. anyways enjoy!!