Chapter 1

Yumie POV:

I think to myself calmly as the fresh fall breeze blows through my hair and nose. Creating an almost immediate calming affect on my buzzing brain. The temperatures this morning aren't as high as they have been during the other days of fall, so I'm wearing my blazer whilst walking. Which isn't very peculiar seeing as winter is coming close.

Today is my first day of school at UA high. I wasn't going to go there originally and didn't end up applying, but when one of the former students of class 1A got expelled and I was offered to replace his spot in the class. The opportunity was basically too good to refuse.

I start to feel nervous butterflies in my stomach as I see the silhouette of my new school off in the not so far distance.

I finally arrive at school, looking up at the giant gateway. I walk in cautiously as I see others greeting their friends. I keep my head down, knowing that it'll be quite hard to make friends seeing as a whole term has passed and everyone knows each other so well, everyone has already formed their friendship groups and I'll probably just be an outcast. I'm still thinking to myself when the bell rings loudly. Everyone starts dragging themselves to class, quite a few of the hundred standing by the gate letting out groans in the process. Me included. I have permission from the school to take my time and drop off my bags at the 1A dorms first, but just the idea of having to navigate my way to the dormitories then the class room afterwards, makes me want to groan again. I start making my way down this path that has a sign labeled with the word dormitories and an arrow pointing toward it. I know the sign is there pointing at it, but I can't help but feel anxious if I'm going the right way or not. I'm lost in my train of thought when I hear a mans voice speak to me.

"Are you done daydreaming new student? Or are you going to introduce yourself?" The owner of the voice says. I snap my head up, trying to find the source of the voice. My eyes meet with a tired looking man glaring at me.

"Oh, sorry. My name is Yumie Kurayami". I choke out finally noticing the students watching me closely from behind the tired looking man. I guess he's my teacher.

"Uhm, sorry to bother you but..." a boy with green fluffy hair, standing towards the front of the bunch of students begins to ask nervously, "what is your quirk?" "I'd rather not say right now, but you'll find out later". I reply giving a slight grin, noticing a slight look of relief appear on a few students faces. I start to notice how dumb I was being earlier. How could I not have realised that they would also be feeling anxious about this. And most of them would be pretty nice. Seeing as we are all training to become heroes after all.

"Okay Yumie, now that you've introduced yourself you can put your stuff away in your dorm room. It is located on the third floor, and it has your name labelled next to it. When you are finished Midoriya will be waiting out here for you to show you the way to the classroom". The tired looking man says, as the same green haired boy that questioned me earlier smiles at the mention of the name. I'm assuming thats him then.

I walk around the herd of students as I feel them unintentionally staring holes into my back. I continue walking despite the uncomfortable feeling of eyes on me. I find my way to my dorm room and open the door, taking in the smell of it and the feel of the crappy carpet. I put my stuff down and scurry back to the entrance of the dorms. I'll have to sort out that bland room later. "Ah, you're here!" The broccoli looking boy says enthusiastically. "As you've probably guessed already, I'm Midoriya! Its so nice to meet you!" He finishes "Hello Midoriya" I reply smiling. "Sorry about asking about your quirk by the way, its a habit". He apologises whilst scratching the nape of his neck. "Oh no, don't feel bad. I just don't really like using my quirk or talking about it". I reply putting my head down for the last bit. "Shall we go to class now?" I say trying to change the subject. "Sure I'll lead the way!"

(766 words)

AN~

Hey guys! This is my first book I've ever published and I'm very nervous about it. Whilst writing this chapter I was unsure of what Yumie's quirk was going to be but now I have come up with one that I think is pretty cool! Sorry if I end up being very inconsistent when it comes to updating because that is a definite possibility because of how busy my personal life is. Sorry this chapter was so short but I needed it just to get the plot moving while I thought of a quirk for Yumie. Also, Yumie is my original OC but I don't currently have any visuals of what she's meant to look like because I'm not very confident with my drawing skills, nor do I have the right equipment to draw her. But you'll find out more about her maybe in the next couple of chapters. Not really sure if this book is going to get any views but you never know until you try!

I'm also unsure if this book is going to get finished because I have a knack for leaving half the stuff I write unfinished. Please feel free to give me any constructive criticism in the comments. I hope you will all end up enjoying this book!

!!Also, this book will be written in 1st person and most of it will be from Yumie's POV!!

Thanks for reading, I will hopefully update soon! (Also let me know if you want longer chapters) :)

bye my loveliess~