Chapter 18

"Oh don't worry he's already back" the familiar but annoyed tone of Lando came from behind you and Daniel.

You instantly dragged your hand out of Daniels and jumped down to where Lando was, tears starting to fall again purely at the emotions his face was showing you. He was devastated but trying not to show it, luckily for you, you could read him like a book. You gave the clearly broken boy stood in front of you a soft smile while wrapping your arms around his waste feelings just how tense and tight he truly was right now. Lando in turn placed his arms your back with one hand softly resting on the small of your back as he buried his head in your shoulder muttering "I love being in your arms". His words and the desperation in his voice made the butterflies in your stomach flutter a little. "I love you more than anything else" you whispered in turn earning a little giggle from Lando as his hot breath hit the crook of your neck and you could feel him relax under your touch. "Norris" someone yelled all of a sudden causing Lando to look up from your hug instantly changing his mood. " race debriefing now" the engineer once again shouted changing Landos before soft expression to a murderous, angry look and that was no joke. "The race hasn't even finished yet" your boyfriend shot back annoyed. "But your race has thanks to Russell" the engineer glared at him. He quickly turned his attention back to you this time clenching his jaw and both fists. You gently grabbed both of Landos fists with one hand a placed the other on his cheek making sure that he was looking at you. "If I see George I swear to god I'm gonna kill him" Lando spat looking towards his engineer. You moved his attention back to you again by turning his face towards you "no your not" you whispered while looking into his eyes as he did the same to you trying not to get lost in your eyes. "But why not" he sighed finally unclenching his fists. "Because he's your friend and your his friend, you might not exactly like each other right now but you can't change what happened by arguing with him" you said gently squeezing his hand to give him comfort. "I'm really sorry I should probably go for this meeting before I get shouted at again" Lando smirked at you and placed a small kiss on your lips. "I'll text you when I'm done" he smiled and turned to walked into the mclaren garage after you had said your goodbye. The race had just finished and thankfully Daniel managed to grab some points for the team to compensate for that fact Lando crashed.

Now parted from Lando you decide to just wander down that paddock and enjoy the views of Italy that were in the distance. Over the race weekend you had discovered that the best views could be found at the end of the paddock towards the hass garage so you made your way down to there enjoying the fresh air now that the rain had stopped. All of a sudden you heard the familiar shout of a friend. " Y/N , Y/N WHERE IS HE" he shouted however it was certainly not a friendly shout that was for sure.