ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

"outer banks, paradise on earth. it's the sorta place where you have two jobs or two houses, two tribes ,one island."

alright so this is figure eight, the rich side of the island, home of the kooks. so, guess where we don't live? now this is the south side, or the cut. home of the working class who make a living bussing tables, washing yachts,running charders , natural habitat of, drumroll please, the pogues, that's us.
pogues,poguies , the throw away fish, lowest member of the food chain. okay so the downside of the pogue life is we are ignored and neglected. but the upside of pogue life, we're ignored and neglected , which means we do whatever we want whenever we want.
so first is jj, my bestfriend since the third grade, he's about as local and they come. lates of a long line of drinking, fishing , smuggling, vandetta holding salt livers who made their living of the water, best surfer i know. just don't tell him i said that.
and that's Kiara or Kie as we call her. When she's not saving turtles or listening to Marley or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us. Uhm I don't really know why , cause she's a rich kid actually , foot in both worlds, her family owns the wreck. Which is this Outer Banks institution. Total cash cow with the tourists. Though I'm not really sure how her parents feel about us. I guess we all sorta have a thing for her... not me though, I have my eye on someone else.
And that's Pope , the brains of the operation. Finalist for the Lucas T Vanderhorse merit scholarship. Mans the smartest person I know. Littleeee bit of a weirdo, alright so his father is this legendary character heyward. Anything you want on the island, heyward can get for you. Now I'm not sure what heyward knew what to make of his odd ball son, but it didn't matter, he was a pogue , just like the rest of us

Then they're is Ocean, we call her Blue, i don't know why, I guess it's cause the ocean is blue? Anyway, she's like the mom of the group, always has water and bandaids. The only one who i trust to drive the Twinkie, because she taught me how to drive in the first place, I met ocean before all the rest of my group, our fathers where best friends , which caused us to be close since we where young, she's absolutely gorgeous, uhh- I mean she's pretty just like kiara.

                       That's my crew.

And that's me, John Booker Routledge, and this where I live. An old fish shack in the marsh. The Château,as my dad used to call it.
There's dad, he disappeared at sea nine months ago looking for a shipwreck. Who disappears at sea these days? I miss him. And then there's mom she spilt when I was three. Last I heard, she was in Colorado. I think it was Colorado. Uncle T! That's uncle T. Since dads vanished he's supposedly my legal guardian. At the moment , he's in Mississippi, building houses... Which means it's just me right now, on my own, hangin' out with my friends.
Three months after my dad was missing he was presumed dead. I refused to Sign the papers , until I see a body , I'm not giving up.

"John it's come to our attention you are an un emancipated minor living on your own." The social worker says to John be" What? Pffft no?" He stutters. " honestly john b I'm trying to help you, it's what we both want right?"
"Yeah , if I'm being honest."
"Okay ,when  is the last time you spoke to your uncle?"
"Uhh, thirty-four minutes ago."
"When's the last time you saw him?"
"Uhh , two hours and... 43 minutes ago?" John b manages to hide the smirk crawling onto his face.
"John, we're going to come out here tomorrow and talk to your uncle. If he's not here we're going to move forward with foster care. I want to assure you, we're going to find your a safe and loving home."

Did she think I was going to be happy to hear that?

*Oceans pov*
As me and the rest of the group wait for John b to come back, I can't help but wonder what if John b was taken away into foster care? What would I do with out him, what would the crew do without him. He's the glue if he's gone we've all hit rock bottom.I'm the first one to see John b coming up the porch steps , i jump out of my seat and run to him" John b!" I scream as I jumped into his arms. " I missed you too blue!" He laughed and he put me down and pulled me into a hug. " how did the social worker thing go?" "Oh, it went alright there going to call out tomorrow to see uncle T."
" but your uncle isn't here John-"
"Yes I know that but since the storm Agatha is coming in it will give me a few more days."
" what ever you say John b"

A/n
Okay so sorry for the short chapter but oh my god I just realised how bad I am at writing.