Chapter Sixteen

Freyja's POV

I sat down next to her and it was silent for a moment. "Did the scream help?" I asked lightheartedly. "Yes, it did. You should try it sometime." Sylvie said. I got up and walked a safe distance away, Loki and Sylvie looked at me with a confused look and I let out a loud scream.
Sylvie and I chuckled as I approached her again. I sighed and sat back down. "What now?" I questioned sympathetically. "I don't know. He broke the TemPad. And that planet is about to crash into us." She said calmly. "Maybe we can still fix it. What about the ark?" I suggested. "The ark never leaves because it's destroyed." Sylvie explained. I grinned as a plan constructed itself in my head. "But it's never had us on it." I smiled. At this point, Loki and rejoined us. "So what? We hijack the ark and make sure it gets off this moon?" Loki said outloud. "I mean, sounds like a good idea to me." I commented.
Sylvie looked between the two of us. "Okay." She said, finally. "Really?" I said in disbelief, not thinking she'd agree so quickly.

*****roughly a half hour timeskip*****

"You know, I don't think I've ever walked this much in my life." Loki said, rolling up his sleeves. I chuckled. "That's a pretty good life." Sylvie said. I think at this point they were just tolerating each other. "Well, you're lucky you missed it." Loki said. "Here's an idea." He started. "What if you enchanted me and you could walk for both of us? Or I take a nap in my subconscious, and then you could just wake me when we arrive. Yeah?" Loki suggested. I looked to Sylvie and we smirked. "Yeah, that's not how enchantment works." Sylvie quipped. "All right, how does it work?" Loki asked. "Doesn't matter." She smiled. "Okay, Freyja? What about a horse ride? Just like when we were kids?" He asked and I scoffed. "Not a chance in Hel, Loki you were a lot smaller and lighter when we were kids." I chuckled. "You wound me dear woman, are you suggesting I am fat?" Loki said in mock hurt. "Oh shush, you two. Acting like an old married couple." Sylvie interrupted with a smile. Luckily for me, the purple hue of the planet masked my pink cheeks. "You know, I feel like you know so much about us. But we really don't know the first thing about you." I said, with a raised brow, in attempt to change the subject. "Thanks for the tactical advantage." Sylvie retorted. "Ah, so, you want to use that tactical advantage to kill us when the TVA shows up." Loki accused mockingly.
"Worried, are you?" Sylvie laughed. "I just need to know if we can trust you." Loki reasoned. "Okay, fine. You want to know how enchantment works. I have to make physical contact and then grab hold of their mind." Sylvie gave in. "How?" I asked. "It depends on the mind. Most are easy and I can overtake them instantly. Others, the stronger ones, it gets tricky. I'm in control, but they're there, too. In order to preserve the connection, I have to create a fantasy from their memories." She explained. "And you call me a magician." Loki said in awe. "That young soldier from the TVA, her mind was messed up. Everything clouded. I had to pull a memory from hundreds of years prior, before she even fought for them." She said, and I stopped in shock. "What'd you just say?" I asked. "Before she joined the TVA?" Sylvie repeated. "Yeah." I said. "She was just a regular person on Earth." She said, "A regular person?" I asked back in confusion. "Loved margaritas." Sylvie laughed. "We were told that everyone who works for the TVA was created by the Time-Keepers." Loki informed her. "That's ridiculous. They're all Variants, just like us." Sylvie said. "They don't know that!" I cried.
We were interrupted by the Announcer from the Ark. "That's our ride." Sylvie said and we began running towards it.

"Do we trust each other?" Sylvie asked as we walked through a tin tunnel. "We do and you can." Loki answered for us. We stopped and stared at the huge crowd of people. "Good. Because this is gonna suck." She warned.
People were shouting and hollering, but the guards just watched as they struggled and fought. "They're gonna let these people die." Loki said in realisation. "Five minutes until launch." The announcer reminded. "We have to get on and make sure it takes off." Sylvie explained. I looked from her to the crowd. "How exactly are we going to do that?" I asked. "We go around." She grinned, and we ran off into the smaller crowds. As we ran, buildings and people were getting shot at, and fire swirled amongst the chaos. The moon split further, sending fragments hurtling toward us.
We ran to try and avoid getting hit, but a large chunk landed right next to us. We were sent flying and a ringing sound made itself known in my ears. Sylvie and Loki groaned in discomfort, and I staggered to their sides. "You okay?" I asked, earning a nod from the pair. "Yeah." They said, whilst both panting.
We ran into a room and was met with three guards. One grabbed Sylvie and ripped her cloak from behind, so she fought them off. Loki blasted one with his magic, and I threw a dagger at the other ones eye.
Once we were out, we began running again. As well as avoiding buildings. A large building was going to fall on us, but Loki and I used our magic to hold it up. "Come on. Let's go!" Sylvie yelled, as we continued to run. "We can still make it!" I yelled, whilst we pushed people out of the way. I noticed Sylvie wasn't next to us, so I turned to see her fighting off a guard. "Sylvie, come on!" I yelled, but just before we reached the Ark, a chunk of the moon crashed into it, splitting it in two. "No." I breathed and it went up in flames.