Chapter 1 | Wedding Bells?

I yawn as I turn over to the cold side of my bed. The sun is shining through my room which is interrupting my sleep. I groan loudly as I hear the door open and a body sit on the bed. A soft hand comes and strokes my chocolates locks as I smile.

"Hija, it's time to get up, we have to look at the wedding venues for your big day." she tells me, I am in an arranged marriage which means — I hate the asshole I am marring.

"Mami, I don't want to go look, I want to be free from marriage at this point." I mumble into the sheets and she pulls the silk covers off. I shiver. Great. One way to start my morning.

"Come on, let's go make daddy proud." she tells me as she kisses my head. Frankly, I would rather kill myself than have a stupid wedding.

After an hour of forcing myself out of bed and taking a nice shower, I am finally downstairs. I sigh as I see my dad argue on the phone with the staff of the wedding. My eyes roll but I catch myself.

"Hija!" i smiled as my dad comes over — kissing my forehead. I am a daddies girl.

"Today is a big day, I have chosen the beach or a ranch for you to be married at." he tells me, I love the beach so much, just the waves makes me happy to be alive.

"Alright daddy" I say as I sit down next to mom. A maid comes and brings me my breakfast, which isn't a lot. Just some avocado toast. I take a bite of the bread as my dad keeps talking about the most amazing venues.

❦❦

"Oh honey! Look how beautiful this scenery is!" I rolled my eyes at my mom, listen, i'm sorry for being bitchey, it's just the fact that I don't want to get married.

"Amor, please daddy and I don't want this for you. Please for us can you please be happy?" she asks pleading.

What?! She wants me to be happy? While I'm forced to marry a douche bag whos carrying about the money he's inhering.

I just accept it.

After a few hours, daddy decided to take us to a fancy lunch. I ordered a lobster with a side salad. The most cheapest food on the menu.

My father frowns, showing that my poor food choice won't be enough to fill me up. I don't care, i know that we endless amount of food, but I am saving it.

"That's not going to fill you up." my father crosses his arms, I look at him and I pout. "I don't care dad, we can't be wasting money like it's nothing we are spending thousands of dollars one wedding!" I exclaim loudly.

Everyone looks at me in the restaurant, well this isn't fucking embarrassing.

I turn red with embarrassment. The waiter comes back with the food.

"Here's the lobster, for the pretty girl." he rasps, god. He looks like he's in his 40's while he has a smokers voice. I want to gag in my mouth.

He winks, I shoot him a glare but he doesn't take a hint. "Daddy, can you please tell the waiter if he doesn't stop looking at me, i'm going to shoot him in the head with my gun-"

"OKAY! Who's ready to eat?!" my mother shuts me up, the waiter looks uncomfortable with me and scared. He leaves while my mom looks at me with a pissed off face.

"What? He was pissing me off, frankly I don't take that shit." she just shakes her head, my father rubs my shoulders lightly.

"Tomorrow, me and Grace are going to the salon, since I need to paint my nails."