Leaving

KYRA's POV

"You will be staying at DMA and that's final. As for your school you will be doing online school for this year and don't think I won't be checking your grades."

I don't understand what is the issue with leaving me alone! For God's sake I am 16 and we have 20 guards. Me and mom had been living alone till I was 11. But what can I say other than the two golden words.

"Yes sir"

"Pack your bag. We will be leaving tomorrow at 5 am. Any doubt?"

What about my football team! If I leave our entire plan to reach for finals will be disrupted!

"What about my football practice? I am the team captain and Goalie. Our team has no better goalie. We have been aiming for final since the last year dad. My school also offers accommodation, why can't I stay there!"

I don't understand why my dad hates sports for me so much. He does not even want me to become a soldier. Which parent doesn't want their kid to follow their footsteps! And he does not even tell me a reason other than that I am not made for this.

"Kyra I do not care about your team or the finals. The decision is final. One more word out of your mouth about it and you will be cleaning all the servant's quarter till morning. Are we clear?"

My dad would never miss a chance to humiliate me but now both the servants and me have grown used to it.

"Yes sir."

I went to my room packed my clothes and books and other stuff, messaged my team about the sudden change of events. They were livid to say the least. My coach had trained me so hard to become a goalie and now I am drowning all his hardwork in drain. Coach Adger has been the closest person in my life and more like a father to me. He is the only one who has seen me crying. He was there when I needed to know why my dad does not love me. He used my anger as a fuel and made me the person I am today. I can never thank him enough for what he has done for me. All the memories brought tears to my eyes and I finally decided to call him.

Ring..Ring...Ring

"Hello"

Hearing his voice brought more tears and and made my throat go dry. I took a deep breath and tried to hold my emotions

"Hello Kyra. Are you there?"

Concern and sadness was leaping his voice.

"yea" my voice cracked

"Kyra, It will be alright. Don't fret about the finals our team will work it out."

"I am sorry Coach " Fresh tears flowing down my eyes and my breathing became heavy.

"You never need to be sorry about things you have no control over my child. Besides this will give team a reason to push harder."

"I will miss training. It was the only time during my day I was happy."

Coach Adger is the only person I can talk to without a filter between my mouth and brain. Initially when he trained me I used to think he hates me and always picks me out but I did not know he was doing this all for me to channelize my anger. I was punished for everyone elses mistakes in the name of team work but he was only doing this to make me a good captain

"Don't think your training is over miss. Don't forget to take your monitoring machine with you. I will go over the data at the end of the day. You won't be missing the cuss words as much."

I should have been happy about training but then what is the point of training if I cannot play the finals. The long silence must have indicated coach that I am not ecstatic about his plans!

"Kyra stop being a soppy teenager. I know what you are thinking. I am also sad about you not playing for finals but that does not mean you will waste my five years of hard work into gutter. Is a trophy the only reason you played the game Kyra? Have you forgotten about the promises you made to yourself 5 years ago. I don't know about you but I damn well remember my promises so you better get your ass up every day and push yourself because if not I will extract it from you after the damn 1 year along with tax!"

Oh no, this tone means business and I know better than to not use my tongue right now

"Yes Coach. I remember. I won't disappoint you coach "

"You better not. As discussed, we will be doing muscle training. Let me know the facilities available to you and I will give a schedule myself. I will be knowing if you are slacking or not so don't even think you can lie about it."

"I would never lie to you coach." That's true I don't even need to hide anything from coach. He knows me very well and his trust is something I would never break

"Good. Sleep Kyra."

"Good night sir."

I keep the chest harness, electrode, wrist band, mask and data collection device and other electronics in a bag.

NEXT DAY

In the morning, I reach down in the hall with a spoiled mood . I did not even wish dad good morning and he obviously called me out for the 'balant disrespect'

"Let's go"

"I don't want to go"

I say almost in a hushed whisper but I think he heard it. Damn my stupid mouth cannot remain shut.

"That's it. Drop and start pushing."

His voice boomed through the hall and I did not waste a second to do so. Every time he punishes me like a bloody officer my blood boils . This man thinks I am not made for the army yet makes me go through punishments like I am a cadet. Deal with my father has always been simple I earn every privilege and try not to piss him off and I shall live peacefully

After pushing a straight 100 I almost fall face first

"Do you want to leave now or shall we continue the session by making the car run behind you for the entire route"

Now that is a scary threat. The thought of this makes me shudder. So I go with the only choice of words I have.

"Ready to leave dad."

Without another word he turns around and I leave for a hell year at DMA