Chapter 1 (secret crushes and late nights)

Daichi's pov

"Kay! See you later mom!" I yelled as I shut the door and left out of the front gates of my household, and began my walk to my crushes' residence.

She only lived a few minutes away, so the walk was quite short.

Walking to school was the best 15 minutes of my day, since sugawara walked home with her best friend - and our volleyball team manager - Kiyoko.

I waited outside the property for about ten minutes, until is saw a messy, sleep deprived sugawara exiting the door.

It was just like the movies - hair unbrushed and stuff falling out of her bag.

Even in this state, she was beautiful.

'God' i thought 'if only I could kiss you to make this day different than the day before, I could finally pass away in peace.'

"Hey!" She greeted me with a smile so warm I felt like I was on fire.

"Hi! Love your new look!" I joked.

Sugawara gave me a sarcastic smile and slapped my arm playfully.

"Yeah, yeah! I was up until 3am last night studying, and I brought a brush so it's not that bad!" Even when she rolled her eyes she looked breathtaking.

GOD I AM SUCH A SIMP!

"Yeah I did notice the dark circles underneath you eyes that are about the size of Canada."

"Whatever!" She rolled her eyes again.

We started our walk to school in a comfortable silence, though the thoughts in my head were so loud and annoying - telling me to kiss her, or confess my unknown love for her.

I hated that I could never tell her; I hated the fact that the girl that I have liked since 3rd grade is walking less than a meter away from me, brushing her grey, silky hair, oblivious to the fact that I love her - and will probably never even know for the rest of her life.

She'd probably reject me even if I did tell her....now that I think about it,she'd never want to speak to me again.

What a great way to start my day by thinking about why I shouldn't tell her.

Sugawara's pov

I have had such a bad start to today.

First, I wake up and I'm in a pool of blood.

'Great,' I think to myself 'periods!'

I finally clean up the blood, and when I look in the mirror, I see that I have eyebags bigger than my actual eyes.

Serves me right for staying up and studying too late.

I only had time to quickly throw my uniform on and grab my unclosed bag and brush before leaving my house.

Closed the door and ran down the steps to be greeted with Daichi.

"Hey!" I smiled as nicely as I could.

"Hi! I love the new look!"

I slapped his arm lightly and explained to him that I was studying up until 3am last night.

He then told me that I had eye bags the size of Canada and I rolled my eyes at him.

I love it when I walking to school with him.

He's my best friend - and crush, and I would give anything to be with him.

We started our walk to school in a nice silence.

I brushed my hair as I thought about when and how I could tell him that I was madly in love with someone.

And as you probably guessed, that someone, is Sawamura Daichi.

———————————

Yoo-hoo!~~

I am losing motivation and the will to live.

Cya in chapter 2