chapter three

My second class is history. My nerves would've been less if Millie was in the class with me, but she isn't. So here I go, into a class at a new school without the only friend I've made.

To be honest I didn't think I would have a friend this early into the day. Honestly I didn't think I'd have any friends in the first week. I'm the kind of person who keeps to themselves and is very dry to people who are trying to be nice. I know, I'm that person.

I walk into the classroom after parting with Millie. I'm pretty early, so there aren't that many kids in the classroom yet. I head over to the teacher who's sitting at his desk. I inform him in the new student and he greets me and walks me over to a desk, next to a student occupied desk.

"Here is your desk, Ms.Stephens. And this is your shoulder partner," he said motioning to the brown haired boy who halted his conversation with another guy in front of him and looked up at us,  his eyes lingering a little longer on me.

"Mr.Partridge would you mind helping our new student out with whatever she needs for our class?" He nods and the teacher turns towards me.

"I'm assuming you already have a peer guide?" "Yes sir." I say and almost instantly after, the bell rang. Mr.Brown started greeting the other students, getting ready to start the lesson. I sat down and pulled out my notebook.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned towards the direction to come face-to-face with the brown haired boy. "I'm Louis, by the way." He whispered offering me a dazzling smile. "I'm Avalon." I smiled back.
————-
"And that's all I have planned for today, you guys can get started on your homework with the remainder of class. I'll be up here of you have any questions. Please use this time efficiently." Mr.Brown concluded, walking to his desk.

I pulled out the homework assignment that was given to us earlier in class. I started filling out the worksheet with the information I found in the textbook.

Beside me I noticed the kid that sat in front of Louis passing him a note. I didn't mean to be nosey but i kind of slightly looked over his shoulder and read the note.

'I bet i could get her before you'

Louis scoffed before writing something I couldn't make out, passing it back to the kid in front of him who's name I learned during class is William, who snickered at it and turned around in his seat.

Out if the corner of my eye i saw him give Louis a daring look, which Louis responded with by awkwardly clearing his throat and looked down at his worksheet. After a little he tapped my shoulder.
"Hey, um- do you need any help w-with the homework?" He asked.
"Umm, I'm good, thanks."  I replied.  

"Yeah face it Louis, she doesn't want your dumb-ass help." William dryly chuckled before turning towards me. "Hi, I'm William but everyone calls me Will." He said extending his hand for a shake.

"I'm Avalon. I-I don't really shake hands, sorry."

He awkwardly retracted his hand and turned back around and faced the front where I assume he continued to work on his work.

The remainder of class went by rather slowly. All I could think about was the note shared between Louis and Will. Am I the 'her' they were talking about?