« CHAPTER 1 - THE DAY I MET THEM »

"She was everything real in a world of make-believe"

- Atticus

(not edited)

Chapter 1

The Day I Met Them

BEEP BEEP BEEP
I woke up to my alarm, "first day of school, yay" I said annoyed. I got up and went to take a shower before Bella got up. Me and her tend to fight who goes first but guess who goes first today, HA. After cleaning myself I got out and dried myself off and put my hair in a messy bun, I got my clothes on for school. When I got to check on Bella she was still asleep, really Bella.

I went up to her and whispered in her ear "hey if you don't get up i will eat your food" she must have heard me because she jumped out of bed "NO MY FOOD" she yelled running down stairs

I went up to her and whispered in her ear "hey if you don't get up i will eat your food" she must have heard me because she jumped out of bed "NO MY FOOD" she yelled running down stairs. I laughed at her, she really is such a child some days. As I go down the stairs I see her eating "so Bella, you going to go take a shower or not we leave soon" I say walking into the kitchen, she nods and gets up putting her dish in the sink. I go to grab something to eat for breakfast when I hear her shut the door upstairs.

After 10 minutes Bella comes downstairs with her backpack and mine in her hand "you forgot this c." she says handing it to me "Oh shoot yea i forgot about that, thanks bell I don't know what I would do without you.'' I laugh as I grab the bag out of her hand. We walk out the door and get into Bella's truck and go dive to school. As we pull up to the school and park the truck, I can see everyone looking at us.

"Oh today is going to be fun." I said, rolling my eyes, "just try to be smart today and not get into any fights." she says looking over at me "who said I was ever smart" I say getting out of the truck. "Nice ride" some dude says to us as we get out, I don't say anything and keep walking inside to get my schedule from the office.

"It looks like we have 3 classes together" I say with a smile "thank god I at least have some classes with you, I need to keep an eye on you." she says with a grin. "Hey, you're Isabella and Charlotte swan. The new girls" some kid says coming up behind us says, "hi, I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place." "um.. Anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on?" I smile and I can tell we are going to be friends. "Nice to meet you Eric, I'm charlotte." I say holding my hand out for him to shake. He shakes my hand "nice to meet you charlotte." "Well the bell is going to ring soon, see you two." I say walking off leaving them two alone to talk.

After going to my first two classes, I have my math class next, yay so much fun math. I roll my eyes at the thought, I hate math, I'm just not good at it. "Hey beautiful" some guy says to me i look over and he winks at me. I roll my eyes and flip him off walking into my class. "Alright class we have a new student today." "hi I'm charlotte swan" I say "you can go sit over by Mr. Cullen over there." They pointed to the back of the class where a kid with black hair was sitting. I walk over and take my seat. "Hello, I'm Emmett Cullen." "Hi, I would introduce myself but you already know my name." I laugh

"ok class open your book to page 32 and work on the problems from that page, you can work with the person next to you if you would like." "hey want to work on the problems together?" I asked Emmett. "Sure" he says, opening his book to the page. When i saw the problems my mind just left, it just said fuck that and left. "Well today is going to be fun" I muttered under my breath, he must have heard me because he started laughing "what are you bad at math" "um, yea I'm not the best at math or spelling at that point too." I laugh.

Soon enough class was over, then it was lunch. I went over with Bella to get lunch with belle "so you wanna sit with me and my friends?" I hear Bella ask "wow you made friends" I say with a grin "charlotte I swear to god" we start to walk over to the table. Mike pulls out a chair for Bella and me. "It's my pleasure, lady's" I roll my eyes and sit down, Mike sits down next to me and Bella is on my other side. "Hey , Mikey! You met my home girls, Charlotte and Bella?" Eric says "Oh! Your home girls?" Mike and Eric start talking i don't pay attention, then Tyler comes up behind me "my girl" he says kissing my cheek and running away pulling Mike's chair out from under him, I laugh at him, then I hear him yell "Sorry I had to mess up your game, Mike!" and he starts to run after him "Tyler" Eric says laughing.

"Oh, my god. It's like first grade all over again." Jessica says, I can tell she was a bit jealous, but I didn't care, I just kept eating my food. "You two are the shiny new toy." I was just done with Jessica. I didn't really like her. I could tell she didn't like me either so whatever. I wasn't paying attention when they were talking, all I was really doing was daydreaming like I always do. Intel I was pulled from them when Bella asked something.

"Who are they?" Bella says looking over at the window, when I look over I see Emmett and Alice but the other I have no clue who they are. "The Cullen's" Angela says "they're Dr. Cullen's foster kids." Jessica said with a smile, "They moved down here from Alaska, like a few years ago." "They kind of keep to themselves." I hear the door open and see Emmett, I wave at him, he waves back "yeah, 'cause they're all together." "Like Together, Together." huh that's weird but i don't really care I mean who cares. "The blonde girl, that's Rosalie, and the big, dark-haired guy, Emmett, they're like a thing." She's pretty. I can tell why Emmett would like her. "I'm not even sure that's legal" "Jess, they're not actually related." I say, she looks at me and rolls her eyes. "Yeah but they live together. It's weird" she says back, whatever. "And, okay, the little dark-haired girl's Alice. She's really weird, and she's with Jasper, the blond one who looks like he's in pain." I wonder why he would be in pain? I thought that was weird. "Uh, Dr. Cullen's like this foster dad/matchmaker." "maybe he'll adopt me" Angela says, I laugh when she says that

"Who's he?" Bella is still looking at the door, I look over and see Edward, we have gym together, i also met Alice in gym too, she is really nice. But him I mean besides him being a bit quiet we still had fun.

"That's Edward Cullen. He's totally gorgeous, obviously, but apparently nobody here's good enough for him." she must have tried to ask him out at some point, but got shot down "like i care, you know?" "I think we can all tell you to care" I say under my breath "so yeah, seriously, like don't waste your time." "I wasn't planning on it." Bella says, I grin but she kicks my leg under the table, "Jess, I think I can tell you like him." I grin "no I don't, and don't even try with him." she says, I roll my eyes "what if I did?" I tell her and all boy, does she get mad "you don't even like him, you all are beauty no brains," she yells at me "oh wow, such a hurtful insult, but Too bad you can't Photoshop your ugly personality too, huh." I say and get walking out of the room, I look over to the Cullen's table and see Emmett smiling at me and holding a thumbs up, I laugh and walk out waiting for the bell to ring.

It was after school. Now I am happy, I didn't like school at all. I hated it with every bone in my body, both school itself and the people, but some people were good.