𝗶𝘃. damage control

𝓛IAR, 𝓛IAR
a wiIshire production.

𝓛IAR, 𝓛IARa wiIshire production

IV. 𝒟𝒜𝑀𝒜𝒢𝐸 𝒞𝒪𝒩𝒯𝑅𝒪𝐿
( i'm sorry. )

⠀⠀"𝓦HAT the fuck was that?!"

⠀⠀Genesis groaned, discarding her purse on the kitchen counter before turning on her heels to stare down the boy trailing behind her.

⠀⠀The car ride back to LaMelo's condo was painstaking - to say the least - with the pair suffering in silence to save the cameramen from capturing an outburst.

⠀⠀"Fucking hell," LaMelo cursed in frustration, "I said I'm sorry, aight?"

⠀⠀He fumbled with the doorknob, shoving his keys in the pocket of his cargo pants with a huff.

⠀⠀"Yeah, because that automatically fixes everything." Genesis retorted sarcastically.

⠀⠀"It was a dumb mistake, Gen!" He groaned, "The fuck do you want me to do?!"

⠀⠀"Maybe not kiss your ex in front of a stadium of viewers?!"

⠀⠀"I'm sorry!" His arms were thrown up in frustration, "I don't know what came over me, ma. I wasn't thinking straight."

⠀⠀Genesis rubbed her temples tiredly as she paced the living room, "You can't just act off impulse emotions whenever you want, LaMelo. There's other people's emotions involved."

⠀⠀Media and publicity aside, all she could think about was Devin.

⠀⠀Her heart wrenched at the thought of him sat back at home, having to watch his girl kissing her ex on live television in front of thousands of cheering fans.

⠀⠀She needed to talk to him as soon as possible, before he started getting the wrong idea.

⠀⠀Melo kissed his teeth, "You mean your Kentucky n*gga?"

⠀⠀"Devin, LaMelo." Genesis warned, "He has a name."

⠀⠀"And?" He scoffed, "It's Kentucky n*gga to me."

⠀⠀Genesis sighed, collapsing backward onto the couch as the thoughts in her mind swirled uncontrollably.

⠀⠀"Don't be doing this childish shit, LaFrance." She muttered, shaking her head lightly.

⠀⠀A suffocating veil of silence fell over the pair.

⠀⠀"I'm tired of this shit, Ness!" LaMelo blurted, "'Childish' this, 'childish' that - give me a fucking break!"