Part 32

🆂🅴🅸🆉🅸🅽🅶 the chance, not considering how this would endanger her. Estella signals for Thresh to get ready, conjecturing what the girl is stating. Thresh prepares to run despite being wounded.

With her whip tangled on the branch, Estella took a deep breath, settling her heart before she swung off. She set both her legs out and kicked directly at Cato's head, securing him to take the sturdy impact and grunt to the ground in pain.

Estella lands right above Clover, locking her down with her weight as she pulls back the whip almost hitting Clover in the process if she didn't move her head fast. She took out a knife from her buckle, smirking at the girl below her as Cato grunted as he tried to get his sight together.

"Nice meeting you again." Estella chuckled before plunging her knife down, Clover immediately shutting her eyes, her scream showed she anticipating the pain from the knife but was suspended when she sensed nothing. Opening her eyes to muster with Estella's snickering at her, the knife had been dived intensely into her clothes to the ground.

"Who knew the Clover could scream like a scaredy-cat too." Estella laughs, as she peeks up, seeing Cato is close to regaining his foot. She quickly stood up, rushing to Tresh, mentioning him to get going. Until her eyes landed on his ankle which was bleeding, "Shit." Estella didn't think the injury would be affecting his leg.

They didn't have time to be worrying about that now! Cato and Clover are already hot on their trail. Taking Tresh's arm over her shoulder, to support the harmed part of his side so that the male could skip on the others.

They strive their best to get further and faster away from District 2's pair but Estella knew they can't sustain this pace, it will injure Thresh to a greater extent, and a high chance of their death by the pair. "We need to hide," Estella mumbles to herself. Cato and Clover's roaring for them is approaching closer by the second and dodging blade is more laborious with a person two times your size investing half his weight on you.

Thresh also seek around them for a spot to hide, his eyes landed on a burrow right subordinate to a tremendous tree. It seems large enough for his size and certain Estella would furnish it. "There! Estella, the tree!" Estella moves her attentiveness to Tresh's pointing. Her legs move first before her brain can process where Tresh is leading them.

When they approach the burrow, a dagger is launched aim at them, Estella due to her high listening senses discovers it ahead, and her first instinct is to protect therefore she shoves Tresh's body into the hole. Deserving bareback to take the knife deep into her.

Biting down her lips to swallow her outcries, if not they would be caught. Estella took out her whip, eyes catching the most generous tree branch that was filled with bushy leaves. Securing her whip around it. She slid herself down the burrow, the knife digging itself more into her considering her action as she took a tight hold on the whip.

With her weight, pulling the branch down, it should cover the burrow's entrances from being detected.

Thresh patrols in concern from his spot, his ankle is killing him but he witnesses Estella grasping onto her whip, as if her life depends on it while biting her shoulder to consume her screams. Guilt builds in him. The knife was so profound into her that you could only see the handle sticking out, blood leaking out more numerous than his injury.

"Where the heck are they??!!" / "Keep looking!"

Both Cato and Clover's anger overflows their ears, and both Thresh and Estella retain their breath and action from making a sound.

They waited for a minute then five, Estella concentrating on the sounds outside. When she considered it was safe, her hands punctually let free of the branch and whip, pounding her fist into the dirt as she screamed, the scream she was holding.

Thresh merely watches, he doesn't know what to do. Estella took a deep breath when her nerves calmed down, standing up as she glanced at Thresh straight ahead of her. Pulling her shirt up to bite, she reaches both of her hands behind her, her feet are staggering but a determined look was in her eyes.

The moment Tresh blinked his eyes, Estella extract the dagger, the sounds of the flesh and blood made him disgusted but what surprised him was her secure hold and tough front. Throwing the knife far from her, Estella let out a breath. When she stretches her back, she can feel the blood overflowing out of her. Cursing as she took off her jacket and tank top, leaving her in her sports bar.

"How are you holding up?" Estella decided to open up a conversation with the black male as she tied her tank top the best, she could try to secure her wound from more blood loss. "Are you talking about this injury or... Rue?" Estella halted her movement; she wasn't expecting the sudden name of the little girl. Blinking her eyes a few times, Thresh saw Estella forcing her tears back in.

Estella reaches into her cargo pants, and from one of the pockets she took out the Mockingjay pin. Walking gradually to Tresh then resting right beside him, passing along the stud. "Katniss gave her the most beautiful goodbye. You should off see her..." Thresh fiddles with the pin as he attempts to visualize the scenario Estella is describing to him.

"Flowers surround her like a blooming meadow. No sign of blood, she was as clean as a whistle. She resembles like she had the most glorious sleep of the time. There's no agony nor pain in her face... I'm glad that she's... free."

Thresh and Estella never left their eyes on the pin. Thresh had let out huge droplets of tears that seem like he had been holding. The male refuses to let out a cry and sob over the death of his partner but those tears determine just how much he misses her.

"W-Who? Who did this? To her"

Estella reads Thresh's expression closely. If she were to tell the male beside her, she knows for sure Thresh would be out seeking the murderer. But she didn't want to keep the male out of the truth. "One of the Careers. My bet is on Marvel since he died the same day."

"