𝐢𝐢. broken hearts club, kate schmidt

TITLE ──  broken hearts club ✧TIMELINE ──  pre fear street 1994LOVE INTEREST ──  kate schmidtOC NAME ──  nina montgomery ✧FACE CLAIM ──  auli'i cravalho ✧STATUS ──  available

TITLE ── broken hearts club ✧
TIMELINE ── pre fear street 1994
LOVE INTEREST ── kate schmidt
OC NAME ── nina montgomery ✧
FACE CLAIM ── auli'i cravalho ✧
STATUS ──  available

SHORT DESCRIPTION ── in which kate schmidt pretends to be dumped by her best friend, just to relate to the broken-hearted girl that she loves.

𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒚!
✧ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ
──────────

NINA MONTGOMERY is too good for drugs. Too clean, too pristine, too much of a Sunnyvaler to even try. Which was ironic, because her boyfriend rarely stayed away from them.

Timothy Kalivoda has had a few too many bad experiences with illegal drugs for the young age of 17. Nina handled them and brought her boyfriend back to earth every time, and she was yet to leave his side. She made excuses, he made promises and they got on with their relationship like nothing ever happened. But when he spiraled again or mixed with the wrong people for even just one night, it would happen all over again. Timothy had never done so much that would put him in a dangerous physical state, but he had gotten high enough on pills and crack that Nina worried it wouldn't be long until he did.

KATE SCHMIDT likes drugs too. But not how Timothy does. Never like Timothy does. She kept it small, a business of sorts, just to keep her spirits high, and her time at high school the best it could possibly be before the time runs out.

And there's a reason as to why Kate doesn't do drugs like Timothy. A one-sided lovesick reason as to why Kate sticks to the more playful side of drugs, rather than the extremes of ketamine and ecstasy. And she can assure you, it has absolutely nothing, no way, to do with Nina Montgomery and her shitshow of a boyfriend.

Kate would be lying of course, because for as long as she can remember, she has been desperately in love with Nina ─ her best friend's, brother's girlfriend. And because she's been so infatuated with the girl since the eighth grade, Kate strongly believes that Nina can do so much better. Of course, she'd never tell Simon (Tim's brother and her best friend) this ─ although Kate can't be certain that he wouldn't agree. But it's what she thought. Nina needed someone that didn't stress her out to the point she couldn't sleep properly at night unless she knew Timothy was at home with his parents. To the point where her grades had dropped so much because she was spending all of her time with her very needy, drug-addicted boyfriend. It was a travesty that Timothy hadn't been locked up yet. To Kate, it was a travesty at least.

AND SO NO ONE was more pleased to hear that Timothy Kalivoda had officially OD'd than Kate Schmidt was. Maybe she would like that to be worded differently? Of course, it was awful that the boy was declared legally dead for two whole minutes, but he lived and it meant that Nina was finally done with him. She couldn't deal with the stresses of visiting him in hospital, or the frightful feelings she felt for those two minutes when Nina believed her first ever love was actually dead. Like as dead as a dodo. Unreachable. Ceasing to exist. So she broke it off. Told Timothy it was all getting too much. And Kate had never been happier.