Chapter 1 Family

This story is definitely very raw. I would not read if you have any physical or emotional triggers related to you or another's body. I can not properly set trigger warnings currently as I am still writing it.

"Sweetheart? It's time to get up now! Breakfast is on the table." Petunia called into a locked room. The boy inside grunted. "Scotch eggs. Your favorite." she sang before heading across the hall to her son Dudley's room.
Harry was slowly forcing himself to get up. He knew Dudley would steal the good eggs if he wasn't down soon.  The dark-haired boy opened his closet and glared at the broken mirror as he picked out some dark jeans and a plain black hoodie.
After he had gotten dressed, Harry headed downstairs to the kitchen.
"Good morning Vernon. Would you like some coffee?" He asked rubbing crust from his eyes.
"That would be nice thank you," Vernon said around his morning newspaper. 'Family of 6 saved from fire last night! Authorities say...' it read. Harry turned to the new fancy coffee machine and set Vernon's coffee up to brew. While he waited he served himself two eggs and a piece of toast with butter.
By now Dudley had come down and begun to eat silently. Harry knew this was best as Dudley talking before 8 am. meant it was going to be a rough day. Dudley had severe anger issues and therefore was not a morning person. He was easy enough to deal with once he'd had about an hour to wake up though.
A harsh beep told Harry that Vernon's coffee was done. He pulled the mug and set it in front of Vernon, the sugar and creamer containers following close behind. Harry pulled down his favorite mug, a pure black one that spiderwebs showed up on when the heat hit the cup, and set about brewing his coffee. Petunia came down next, sitting down and serving herself.
As Harry stood at the counter, waiting for his coffee, he looked around the room. The whole kitchen was a soft yellow with white lace curtains. The ceiling was white with a rough texture and the cupboards were all a pastel pink, almost peach. The countertops were a darker grey slate and the kitchen table, a rough weathered oak thing, from Vernon's mother. The art on the walls was simplistic, with flora and fauna from around the world.
Another beep told Harry he could finally get his soul juice and sit down.
"What's the plan for today?" He asked later that morning as the family sat down to watch television for a while.
"I'm heading over to Piers' to hangout" Dudley answered
"I'm going to head to the market and pick up groceries. Then probably go clothes shopping with the girls. Would you like to come along Harry?"
"Uhm... can I just go to the market?"
"Of course. We'll leave around eleven okay?"
"Alright," Harry nodded. That was the plan then as Vernon was at work all day. 

Harry spent the day cleaning his room, as throughout the summer it had gotten rather nasty.
It took a lot out of him. He wasn't sure why but he just couldn't get himself to feel motivated. He knew he needed to get it done though. Petunia was fairly relaxed about rooms but she was starting to get twitchy about his room.  Around eleven she came up and knocked on his door. Harry couldn't hear over his loud music, so she ended up just opening the door. He startled and immediately turned his volume down. "Sorry 'Tuney. Did you need something?"
She smiled. "Just coming to see if you still wanted to come to the market. Though you seem to be in the middle of something here." She looked around the room, noticing all of the piles and the hamper that was now full instead of the clothing and items that had covered the floor before. "You want to stay here and finish this?"
"No," Harry shook his head. "A break will be good for me. Just let me grab my shoes and I'll be down. Okay?"
She nodded and left the room, much happier now that he was cleaning the filth he had been acquiring.

The two didn't talk much on the way to the supermarket, and they had split up during the shopping itself, to get it done quicker. Petunia didn't like it, so she started up a conversation with the green-eyed boy on the car ride home. "How do you feel about starting secondary school next year lovebug?"
Harry sighed at the ridiculous nickname. "Honestly, I'm a bit scared."
"Of what love?"
"Of people I guess. What if they see my face before I get to make any friends..?"
Petunia reached over and grabbed his hand. "Don't you be worried about your scar got it? You are handsome and you will make friends because you're smart and witty. Do you hear me?"
"Yes Petunia" he agreed, though privately he didn't really think so.
His scar was like a thick lightning bolt, stretching down his pale face and splitting his upper lip. As if that wasn't bad enough it had split off into smaller sections from the middle cutting his eyebrow, forehead, cheek, and nose as well. The boy was lucky to not be blind in his right eye. He hated his scar. It reminded him of everything he thought was wrong with himself. He was too skinny but terrified of getting chunky because then people have another reason to hate him. His face was small and chubby, it didn't match his scrawny body. His hair was unruly and an off shade of black that sometimes shone a golden red color in the sun, and he was so pale, he just knew that if he took off his shirt or even pants for that matter, he'd blind someone.
They had pulled up to the house and Petunia was still holding his hand. He squeezed it, before getting out of the car to help unload groceries.
For the rest of the day, while the family was out, Harry played his music too loud and screamed along, hoping maybe... just maybe, if he screamed loud enough for long enough, he'd forget about his horrible body.