~ உனை தீராமல் பிடித்தேன் ~

Belated happy birthday dear Ajitha22 ! This is a small gift for you from my side. Hope you like it da!

And please do check out the promo edit in kathirmullai_inspired's page in insta before going into the story. Hopefully it will pull you all into this story even better.

~~~~~

The wee hours of the morning unfurled in him, a contrasting combination of absolute harmony of emotions and an intense dismantling of the pieces his heart had held together intact for the 25 long years of his life. The wind swept across his face, making him grasp the chilled iron of the gate, in search of its inexistent warmth. It was typical of him to search for things in places that had almost nil chances of its presence there, almost all his life. Senthil's hand slipped over his shoulders, he jerked but his eyes never left the stark darkness the street in front reflected, "dei Kathiru... friendu kitta vandi ku pesiten da... oru pathu nimishathula vandhurum... macha time moonu da innerathula ooruku kelamburen nu adam pidikura... athuvum neeye drive pannitu poren nu vera solra... venam da... rathiri poora thangachiya thedi... nee neeyave illa macha... innum seri aagala nee... naa vena Moorthy annan kitta pesatu...".

Kathir turned to face Senthil, his eyes showed a fierceness his nature wouldn't allow for and his voice was sombre yet held a distinctive purpose, "kelambi vareengala nu kekura vanga kitta pesi paakalaam... kelambi vaa nu order podura vanga kitta ennanu pesurathu...", a bit of acidity in his tone for his elder brother told a whole lot of the fact that he was totally pissed off. Senthil cut in with plenteous shock emitting in his stuttering voice, "Dei... ennada aachu unaku... seri vidu... driver thaan vandi kondu vararu... avarta pesi paakalaam ungala drop panna vara mudiyuma nu illana naan kooda vandhu viduren... neenga thaniya...".

Kathir's palms hit the gate with such force that Senthil sprang over him pulling him back at least ten steps behind, while he heard Kathir shouting at the top of his lungs, "ava en pondati da... avala paathuka kooda naan laaiku illa nu unakum thonuthu appadi thaana... adha ellarum kuthi kuthi kaamikureenga ovvoru nimishamum... pudikaama nadandha kalyanam thaan adhukunu unga ishtathuku pesuveengala... ava en Mulla da... avaluku edhavathu aaga naan vitruvena...". Senthil pulled him into his arms, gripping him firmly and hugged him close, tapping gently over his shoulders while Kathir's eyes spilled out all his inexplicable buried emotions that ran deep in his blood as tears.

Senthil knew how taxing the whole evening was for Kathir, he ran around with a lifeless soulless body that even having found her has not brought him back to normal. Kathir moved away after a few seconds and slumped down heavily on the front steps of Senthil's house. Senthil held his shoulders trying to make him realise that they have already made things right and that Mullai was currently in his safe hands for any harm to even touch her shadow, "Kathiru... naan andha arthathulla sollanu unake nalla theriyum... Mullai ya kandupidika eppadi nee payithiyam maari road road ah alanjanu en kannala paathen da... ithulla un thappu edhuvum illa Kathiru... edho ippadi ellam nadakanum nu iruku... nee innum andha incident la irunthu velila varala da... sonna kelu naan varen unga kooda kunnakudi ku...".

When Kathir spoke again, it felt so distant and had no tinge of him in it, his claim of primacy for his own self at all walks of his married life was crushed ruthlessly to have literally nothing left behind, "illa da... naan avakitta pesanum... manasa vittu ava kanna paathu pesanum... indha vaaipa vitta naan en manasula irukuratha pesamale poyiruveno nu bayama iruku... indha rathiri la thodangi inni vara pora ovvoru naalum naa avaloda Kathir ah mattum vaazhanum nu aasai paduren... Mullaiyoda Kathir ah mattum... enaku vera adaiyaalam illa da... ava illama irundha ovvoru nodiyum ava enaku evalo mukkiyam nu unarthiruchu... idhuku mela naan oru poiyana vaazhkaiya vaazha virumbula... avalukum theriyanum... Kathir ku Mullai yaarunu...", he confessed his heart with his intense eyes gazing nowhere in particular. Senthil's face bloomed instantly and he pulled Kathir up, shrouding him in another bone-crushing hug. He then walked Kathir along with him and they stepped in the hall, which had the luggages packed and decked one upon the other.