Twenty two

Dean P.O.V.

'Your two days are over, you have to make your choice

'Your two days are over, you have to make your choice. Go to this address at noon, if you're not there, she's the one dying. I told you, one way or another she will suffer.'

That was the text I got, my choice was made in the ball, I'm glad at least I had these two days with her. But I won't leave suddenly I have to tell the boys what to expect, I don't know what I can do to make them forget about Lorenzo's family, but for now, I can keep Athena alive.

I left Athena with Isabella and went to the office, I knocked on the door and waited.

"Come in." I heard Lorenzo say. I opened the door and got inside.

"I see you finally left the room." He said in a mocking tone.

"Unfortunately. I have to talk to you and Fred, do you mind if I call him to join us?" I asked.

"No. But is everything okay?" He asked while I texted Fred to come to us.

"No, it's the Irish, when Athena was doing rounds in the ball talking to the others, Darragh came to talk to me." I said and he balled his hands into tight fists.

"What did he want?" He asked and there was a knocking on the door.

"Entra."[Come in.] Lorenzo said.

"I'm here, what's going on?" Fred asked.

"Darragh came to talk to me at the ball after Athena showed up." I said.

"What did he say?"

"He said that he wanted people to suffer, and Athena was going to be one of the people to suffer but I had to choose."

"Chose what?" Lorenzo asked getting angrier and angrier by the minute.

"One way or another he wants to hurt her, but I had to choose if she dies or if I die and she gets heartbroken, he will send parts of my body to her." I said a chill ran down my spine.

"Had to choose? He will send?" Fred asked.

"Fred there's nothing to chose, I will meet him today in three hours."

"What?" Lorenzo and Fred asked at the same time.

"This will hurt Athena but she will be alive. Just don't let her lose herself." I said to both of them.

"You can't do this. You were a wreck when you thought she was dead I can only imagine how she is going to be when your body parts start to show at our door." Fred said.

"You need to open every pack that gets to the house." I said.

"No, fuck no! We have three hours, we will come up with a plan." Fred said running his hand down his face.

"Lorenzo I'm sorry he didn't say what was the plan to your family, I'll try to talk to them but maybe your family should go to hiding for a while."

"The Rossi's don't hide, don't worry about us, my mother wiped the Russian mafia, sooner or later we will get the Irish too. Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked.

"Would you let your girl die, if you have to choose between her or you?" I asked him.

"No."

"Then you know how sure I am. Just be there for her, in a couple of hours you need to get her so I can get out. I'm going to spend a few more hours with her. See you later." I said and got out of the office.

If you ask me if I'm scared, I'm shiting myself. But this has to be done, I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened to her. Before I went to her, I wrote a letter to her, I'll give it to Fred and once she finds out I left, he will give it to her.

Fred P.O.V.

"Man we can't let him go." I said once Dean was out of the door.

"We can't keep him here." Lorenzo said.

"We have to create a plan or something. You know Athena she will burn the world to find him or if he dies. Do you want that?"

"What do you suggest?"

"That hacker of yours, I heard he was the best he may be able to help us?"

"Theo? I'll call him, but how?"

"Tracking device." I said and he got up from his chair.

"Yes, that might work, we have this new device that is undetectable, and practically invisible." He said and took his phone to make a call.

"And that shit really works?"

"Yes, try to get your people ready without Athena knowing, for now, we track them for a while, I'm sure Darragh won't kill him on the spot. When we see that they are settled in one place we attack." He said.

"Okay, I'll start my calls." I said and walked to a corner in the office, Lorenzo was barking orders in Italian and I was telling our guys the plan.

We spent two hours talking with Theo, the hacker guy and he assured me that the tracker worked and was almost indestructible.

"Alright Lorenzo you go get Athena and I will get the thing in Dean. Where's the best place?"

"Pants or shirt, you can't stick it in the jacket because if they make him take it off we lose it."

"Right, pants or shirt." I repeated his words. We got out of the office and Athena and Dean were cuddled on the couch. Lorenzo looked at me and I gave him a small nod.

"Athena can you come to my office we need to talk about your mafia." He said in a serious tone. Both of them got up from the couch, Dean already knew what we were doing, he grabbed her face and smashed his lips on hers. In any other situation, this would be awkward but we knew that for him it was goodbye.

When they separated, Athena looked at him with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Go, I'll talk to Fred. I love you." Dean said.

"I love you too weirdo." She chuckled and followed Lorenzo.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked him.

"Yes, Fred." He said and started walking to the door.

"Take my bike." I said and he looked at me.

"Thank you man, take care of her."

"She will kill me when she finds out that I let you go."

"Probably." He said and laughed. I opened my arms and we hugged. I was able to stick the device to the inside collar of his shirt on the neck.

"We will try to get you, Dean." I said when we let go.

"I know you will. But if you don't make it on time, tell her I love her and don't let her destroy everything." He said while getting on the bike, he turned the engine on and drove away without any other word. I looked at my hand and there was a letter with her name on it.

Athena will kill me.