♧~Chapter 4~♧

Heyyyy guys. I'm back (kind of) with another chapter. Enjoy!!
------------------------------------------------------------
And so it went for a while. Wilbur and I played games together and hung out like we used to before he moved out. We stayed up late watching movies and talking about everything and nothing. I forgot how nice it was to just be able to hang out and talk with my brother.

It's not like I couldn't talk to him at all, we texted and called all the time. But it was still different. We couldn't make as many jokes or laugh or just talk over the phone like we can in person. But I'm glad to be able to have this again. He's my brother, but he's also my best friend. I feel like I can talk to him about almost everything.

We talked about school, friendships, hobbies, funny stories, and then things that happened that weren't funny or fun. Like everything that happened with one of my more recent exes. In fact, we had been talking about him for over an hour now. He had asked me what happened between us, since right after we broke up I hadn't really wanted to talk about it much.

" . . . and then I went and talked to (f/n) about it, and she said I should break up with him because he wasn't treating me right."

"That's because he wasn't!" His entire body was clearly filled to the brim with anger. "That's not how you treat someone you care about! You never deserved any of that!"

I noticed how angry he was getting and started to calm him down. "Will, it's okay because its in the past. There's not much of anything I can do about it at this point."

"Have you talked to him about how he hurt you? Has he apologized for what he did to you?"

"Well, yeah." I watch him visibly relax before i add," for most of it, anyways . . ."

"What the- what do you mean most of it?? He called you those terrible names and made you feel bad for things you can't control! If he didn't apologize for those things, I'm about to march right up to him and demand that he do so before i-"

"Will, please, calm down. He said sorry for stuff, not everything, but it's okay. He doesn't know that that stuff hurt me or even that it affected me. I'm doing better now and that's what matters." I was just looking at the ceiling while speaking and then looked over at him after I finished. He had a sad expression. I continued.

"I get how you feel, I wanted him to apologize as well. I wanted him to realize what he did to me and how it was wrong and that he should have tried to listen to me instead of just assuming things. I won't say I still don't want that because then I'd be lying. I've just realized that if he can do thise things to me and not think twice about them or me, then why should I linger on things like that when I could be working on helping myself to feel better? Why should I let him still have control over me, even after things are over between us?

"Theres no use in keeping those feelings around if nothings going to change anyways. So let's just move on."

He stayed quiet for a moment before breaking the silence.

"I'm really proud of you, y/n. You've really grown into such a mature person. I'm sorry he hurt you, but I'm glad you've been able to get through everything." I smile and open my arms. He hugs me and we stay like that for a while.

I'm so lucky to have him as a brother. He's honestly one of the kindest people I've ever met.

♧--------------------- time skip -----------------♧

We hung out for the rest of the day and had a sleepover in the living room that night. The next morning, I woke up before he did and decided to try and cook breakfast for both of us. I carefully got off of the couch without waking him and made my way to the kitchen to see what ingredients are there.