ten: first names

2012, July 2nd

It had to be around three in the morning, Akaashi knew he wasn't supposed to be awake when they had practice at eight in the morning, but he'd been feeling restless lately. The treatment at the hospital was working better and the doctors said that Tamiko just had to fight some more before they could be 100% sure that she'd be fine. The boy had taken those words and was holding on to them as if his life depended on them.

It did. Maybe not actually hot his, but his girlfriend's did, and that girl was a huge part of his life. Losing her wasn't in his plans.

So he sat in his bed, the light from his phone dimly illuminating the small stance that was his bedroom. The corners of his lips were quirked up, forming that soft smile Tamiko fawned over each time it showed up in his face, causing him to let out a chuckle and pull her to him so he could kiss her forehead and enjoy the way she'd fluster and hide her face in his chest. His dark blue eyes trained onto the screen of his phone, taking in every detail of the moving image, the sound that accompanied it filling his ears through a pair of headphones he'd been gifted by Kenma.

The video in question was short, barely half a minute, but it had been playing on repeat for at least the last hour. He enjoyed it every single time as if it was the first all over again.

2011, April 30th

Fuchsia colored eyes watched the screen of her new phone, a bronzed face looking back at them, a frown prominent before it quickly went away. Tamiko smiled brightly at the sight of her own picture appearing, the inner camera of the phone or whatever it was called was proving to work. She placed the device in front of her and pressed record, the red circle turning into a square and the seconds starting to run. She walked backwards, the screen now displaying a curious Keiji Akaashi behind her.

"What are you doing?" he enquired, brow arching.

Tamiko sat next to him on his bed and shrugged.

"Something tells me I'll want to be able to relive this moment. Plus, I've been wanting to test this new camera for a while."

"Am I getting jumped," he narrowed his eyes and looked around, trying to spot where one of their friends would be hiding in his own room.

"I- No!" she laughed, tilting her head backwards slightly, her white messy bun falling a little more and letting some strands fall to frame her face.

Akaashi's shoulders relaxed from the momentary tension they'd been in (he might have been joking, but his friends really were capable of sneaking into his house to jump him, and his girlfriend would help them without question). The way she was so effortlessly stunning had him in a daze. There she was, nearly falling off the bed as she tried to catch her breath in the most "unladylike" way he'd ever seen, her laugh sounding like a constipated cow, and yet to him it was the most beautiful thing he'd seen. That stupid smile of his formed on his lips, the corner of his eyes narrowing in tenderness.

To him, her laugh didn't sound like the most beautiful melody, and she didn't look like she could be the next model of a top magazine, but rather like a real person. And that was the most enchanting thing about Tamiko. She didn't fake a single part of herself, and she didn't apologize for being herself. And so Akaashi always found himself staring for a tad too long when she did something so uniquely hers without realizing, or simply when she let her body do as it felt around him like it was the most natural thing in the world, even after having been dating —officially, these two have actually been married from the moment they met— for only ten days.