Prologue

Deep in Sikandra, sub of Agra, India. Where tourists crowd the lands, admiring the enormous structures and the exquisite ornamentation of red stone and white marble minarets and gates. Wind flys through the doors and sunlight breaks through the old vast hollowed windows, causing beautiful designs to form on the walls and floor of the ancient tomb, where emperor Akbar and his beloved Mariam-uz-Zamani had been buried centuries ago while their souls are still wondering around.

"Jodha.." Jalal's voice echoed through the enormous building after noticing her there. "What are you doing here?"

"I've come to see you." Jodha responded.
He walked to her confused. "But I'm right here behind you and you're not even facing me." He wondered loudly hearing her giggle and walk away.

"What is it?" He asked. "Where are you going?"

"See.. It's dawn. People soon will be here to admire our shrine, they will come here to recall our love.. Some will pass our story to others and some will listen.

"It's been more than 400 years.. During this time, the world has altered.. The beautiful life we once had, has now changed." Jodha said thoughtfully.

"But Jodha and Jalal's love, never changed. The sun that witnessed our love, never did. People are still recalling our story, even after 400 years. But the truth of what has happened is only ours to know.. When I was just Jalal, not Akbar. And you were just Jodha, not Mariam-uz-Zamany.

"When Jalal knew one colour.. The only colour he used to shed daily.. The colour of blood."