Chapter 11

"Why would he ask to meet me here?"

Jaehyun stood outside of a coffee shop with a piece of paper and a very confused look. The day before, he had received a note from Jungkook asking him to meet him there, saying he wanted to talk. The news definitely surprised him since he never thought that Jungkook would ever confront him first.

Nevertheless, Jaehyun wanted this confrontation anyway, as he too had planned to confront Jungkook on the matter.

As Jaehyun entered, he looked around for Jungkook but couldn't seem to find him among the tables of people. He decided that it would be best to just go get something and wait for him to arrive, so he went to the counter where he was greeted by Hoseok with his always bright smile.

"Hello," said Hoseok kindly,"what would you like to order?"

"I'll just have a water for now," Jaehyun replied with a smile as he pulled out his card from his wallet. When Hoseok left to go get the water Jaehhyun looked around at the place, thinking that Chaeyoung would probably like the vibe of the place. When he was looking around he saw an all too familiar face walk out onto the stage and take a seat on a stool with a microphone in hand.

"You've gotta be kidding me," Jaehyun mumbled to himself as he looked at Jungkook dumbfounded. He was perplexed by Jungkook's actions, wondering why in the world he was on stage getting ready to perform.

"Ah, you must be the one he talked about," said Hoseok as he put down the water Jaehyun asked for."Well, I hope you and my employee can work things out."

The words that Hoseok spoke confused Jaehyun even more, making him question the reason he was truly here. That's when Jungkook started singing a song he had never heard before in his life.

The music in the back ground was smooth and tender as Jungkook sang sorrowful words beautifully. Jaehyun's confrontational attitude soon dissipated as he began to wonder what Jungkook was singing and why he was singing. Jaehyun wanted answers, but he couldn't get any until Jungkook finished singing.

----------------

As the song finished, the few people in the café clapped for Jungkook as he took a bow and walked off the stage over to Jaehyun who was now sitting in a booth in the corner.

Jungkook sat down and asked,"How was it?"

"I was amazed, I didn't know you were a singer," said Jaehyun as he realized that Jungkook did deserve his spot in the talent show."What song was that anyway?"

"It's a song I wrote," said Jungkook as he scratched his head in embarrassment.

Jaehyun fell silent as he looked at Jungkook in awe. He was truly impressed. So impressed in fact, that he forgot the whole reason they were there.

"Actually, that was a song I wrote when you and Chaeyoung were still dating," said Jungkook as he thought back to those times with a small smile.

"Wait was it--"

Jungkook nodded at Jaehyun who cut himself off."This was the song that was supposed to make me give up on her," said Jungkook as he looked at Jaehyun with sadness in his eyes.

Jungkook then told Jaehyun about the past 6 years and what happened before then as well. All the while Jaehyun listened, remaining silent all the while.

"Actually, I almost went to pick a fight with you over what happened between you two," said Jungkook as he talked about Jaehyun and Chaeyoung once again."I love Chaeyoung more than anything, and she has done so much for me these past weeks. I chose this confrontation not only because your best friend was worried, but more than anything, I wanted to tell you that you shouldn't beat yourself up over a mistake."