Chapter 25 | Mr Smooth Strikes Again

"Could a scar be like the rings of a tree, reopened with each emotional season?"

- Magenta Periwinkle, Cutting Class

------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 25 | Mr Smooth Strikes Again

🌙J A C E P O V🌙

Wait, you said yes?!" I scream

"Yeah I said yes, is that not what you expected?" She asks a grin plastered over her face.

At one point sometime ago I always had that feeling that it's pretty obvious Kira will never like me and that maybe it's no use trying to get her attention.

I had this friend named Calypso back in freshmen year and she had boys after her like hell, but not once did she accept them. Maybe because she knew she'd never be able to love them like they wanted, I don't know.

But then I asked Drew and he said that if something is really worth it, then the pain of getting that something should be worth it too.

When Kira had said yes it took me a second to grasp what she had just told me, because you see Kira is my first girlfriend and so I really didn't know what to expect.

"Jace, how many 'speeches' had you written till you got this one?" an amused look on her face.

"Hey, you don't mock a man's art."

"I'm not mocking it." she was laughing now. "I was just wondering how many you had writen."

"Twenty four and then Victoria gave me the idea of using a book for help."

"That's so sweet." she leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "So I'm guessing I'm your first girlfriend?"

"Yeah you kinda are. So if I mess up or can't do something then I'm sorry Kira." I guess that was really all I could say.

"I'll show you the way and besides we'll be going slow so no one will make any mistakes." She said, her voice at a soft comforting whisper.

She placed her head on my shoulder and continued to look out at the sky which was rapidly darkening from a light orange to a murky black color.

"Kira."

"Yeah." she lifts her head from my shoulder and looks into my eyes.

"It got you something, you can think of it as a birthday present if you wish." I pulled out a blueish purplish colored crystal which hung from a silver chain.

Her eyes widened and her mouth opened up a little. "How?" the amazement still present on her face.

"It was a present from my grandmother to my mother long ago. Originally I had brought it to put on my mother's grave, but instead I want you to keep it, the person I know my mom would have given it to."

I unclasp the silver hook and slide the thin material around Kira's neck letting the pendant rest on her neck.

"There, it fits like a glove." smiling at the accomplishment I had achieved. "Words can't describe how you make me feel Jace, they simply can't."

Those couple of words made butterflies swarm my tummy, a nice feeling engulfing me.

She brings her face closer, inch by inch until there's almost no distance between us, my forehead against her.

I slowly close the distance, placing my lips on hers and my arms around her waist, it started of soft and passionate and grew to become a more rough kiss.

"I want to stay like this forever." she says.

"Your wish is my command your majesty. Oh and thanks for showing me how to be slow, I'll use this technique on my next girlfriend." I snickered.

She lightly pushes me and inches closer to my ear whispering slowly, "you won't have another girlfriend because you're never gonna break up with me."

"I like the sound of that very much madame sunshine."

Eyebrows raised she stands up and looks down at me making me feel relatively small for once.

"Why is my nickname sunshine?"

I took a minute before I came up with something reasonable enough. "As cliche as it sounds I call you sunshine because without you there's no one to give me the light I need to see the way." I felt pretty pleased with myself for making that up.

"That's sweet of you Mr. smooth but what's the real reason?"

Honestly the real reason why I call kira sunshine is really stupid and childish so compared to that the cliche option sounds better.

"Well you see you were wearing a T-shirt with a really yellow sun on it and it kinda caught my attention, but if it makes you feel any better you in that shirt was a major turn on." A prominent smirk on my face.

People tell me that the smirk is my best worn expression and most of the time I agree with them.

She laughed. Her laugh was adorable like a child when it gets a new teddy bear. "Nice reason, it's quite unique and what time is it?"

What an amazing change of topic

"Ten thirty, why?"

"Damn, time flys when you're having fun, we should get going now."

"Makes sense, but you have two options. One, you can go home or two, go to the little cabin at the back."

"But the little cabin doesn't belong to either of us." Kira says getting up and brushing the imaginary dust off her skirt.

"Or does it, this whole little piece of land belongs to my parents, or in other words me."

"Oh, well to the little cabin then."

----------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn't that a big house and looked similar to the houses you see in those cheesy christmas holiday movies, the only difference is that there's no fat man in red and green elves here.

"Woah, this place is amazing!" Kira said walking in and admiring the lightly furnished cottage.

There were many rooms but only one was furnished and it only had one queen sized bed and a cupboard.

"You tired?" I ask, she nods, yawning to emphasize her point. "well then come on let's get to bed." I sweep Kira of her feet and into my arms carrying her bridal style to the small room.

"Your room princess sunshine."

"Where are you sleeping Jace?"

"On the carpet in the corner, with a fortress of pillows."

"Actually you'll sleep in the bed with me, it's just one night and we've done it before a couple of times so one more time won't hurt and you're officially my boyfriend now. That's three reasons."

I toss her one of the T-shirts lying in the cupboard and change out of my white tee and jacket into a pair of flannel pants.

Kira comes out of the other room a minute later wearing my oversized black T-shirt which came till her knees.

I climbed into the bed Kira coming and lying down next to me, giving me the warmth of another person. She buries her face into the crook of my neck and placed her small hand on my bare chest.

"Goodnight Jace."

"Goodnight Sunshine."

A/N

Nothing to say except I'm sorry this chapter was short. I just felt that the rest of the previous chapter should have been written in Jace POV, so yeah.
Vote
Comment
Follow❤️

~ the one percent