2.5

I changed Charlotte's and Alex's age. Season 2 Charlotte is 13 and Alex is 12.

10 years earlier

" Mom, Dad, I'm home!" The 15 year old shouts as she closes the front door after herself. She had just finished working at the family bar and it was past midnight which meant she had officially turned 15. Charlotte and Alex would already be asleep and Wesley would still be awake.

Hearing only silence she walks down the long corridor, sticking her head into different rooms that littered the hall.

The Smith family weren't the wealthiest family in Oak Ville but they do have a big house. Edward's an engineer and built the house. He promised Scarlet that he would build her, her own house at some point in her life.

" Mom, Dad?" Scarlet asks quietly. As she nears the day Nd of the hallway, the big red door that stood out from the white ones coming into her view. Quiet, choked up sobs reach her ears. She swallows as her soundless footsteps stop as she was infront of the door. Close in sight she could now see that the door was opened a jar, just enough for her too see what was happening inside.

Her mom was on the floor a blubbering mess, thick, red liquid ran down the side of her face, mixing in with her salty tears. Her black hair stuck to her forehead to the sweat and blood. Scarlet's eyes move over to the man standing in front of her mother. He held a gun only a few cm away from her template. He held a knife with the in-carving J.B in the handle. The blade was covered in blood as was the butt of the gun. Scarlet's mouth goes dry.

Her eyes widen in horror and her eyebrows furrow in confusion simultaneously. The young girls shaky hand goes to the door nob. She swallows one last time, it being painful with her mouth being dry. before pushing the door open. Upon hearing the sound both adults look towards the door.

The 15 year old still hadn't mastered her powers but she was still able the sense the emotions flying through her parents bodies. Her father; anger, fury, hurt, broken, revengeful. Her mother: guilt, regret, horror

"Dad?" She asked weakly as she looked up at man with gun. Edward's hand that held the knife turns into a fist, his knuckles going white, his teeth clench.

" Scarlet get out of here." Her mom ordered fighting a sob. She didn't want her daughter to see how the end of her life was going to go, she didn't want her to see her father as a monster like this, she didn't want her to be haunted for the rest of her life, she didn't want her oldest child to blame herself for something that she took no part, alas Jacquline Blake wasn't the one who was able to control the situation.

" Wh-what's going on?" Scarlet's voice shook.

" Scarl-" But before her mother could say anything, Scarlet felt something pierce into her skin. She didn't flinch having experienced the feeling before. She went to look down but before she could see what had happened to her thigh a burning pain erupted through her body and she could smell her flesh burning and a sizzling sound. She collapsed to the floor, her right leg laid out as her left went under her. She looks down at the leg placed in front of her. The letters J.B was the first thing that came into her now blurry sight before the knife handle. The blade of the knife was what pierced her skin. She squinted her eyes trying to figure out what had caused the burning pain, sizzling sound and smell of burning flesh. Her answer is found when she sees smoke coming out of the wound, more specifically coming off the blade. Thats why the pain was a new feeling. She's been burnt before, many times but no weapon that was stuck in a fire had ever went into her body.