Wherever you will go (4)

Chapter 4
Runaway with my heart

Runaway with my hope

Runaway with my love...

"So, they're over?"Aoi asked the next day, curiously.

"Yeah, they're over."Nezuko responded.

"They're over?" Makomo repeated excitedly.

"They are?" Kanao added.

Nezuko rolled her eyes. "Yes, but it doesn't matter, really."

The four girls sat around on the couches in Tanjiro and Kanao's living room. They had all gotten together when the news that Daki and Muichiro had split; reached them.

"What?!"Aoi said incredulously. "Of course it matters!"

"No," said Nezuko . "I can't ask him to do anything, and we can't go out yet. It's too soon after their breakup."

"I guess," Kanao said, biting her lip. "I don't think you'll have to wait too long."

They were silent for a couple of minutes.

Nezuko finally looked up at Kanao and said, "If he wanted to be something more than friends, you'd think that he would do something about even before he started dating Daki ."

The other three girls nodded, as Nezuko went on. "And if I asked him if he wanted to go to a movie or something; and he said 'no', it would completely destroy what we have now."

"Not necessarily," Kanao said, smiling a bit. "Look what happened between Tanjiro and I."

Aoi rolled her eyes, and Makomo said, "That's different, you were each other's first relationship. This is kind of more complicated."

"Ever since Daki ," Nezuko said. "She's not a very nice person."

"No." said Aoi bitterly, running a hand through her lavender hair. "I ran in to her today."

Nezuko laughed. "What did she say?"

"She said that you ruined their relationship; because you ran into her and ruined her hair."

The four girls laughed.

Muichiro knocked on the Kamado's door that evening. It was cold outside, as he wore a heavy green sweater and khaki pants. He tried in vain to tame his long hair, but since it was damp from the snowflakes outside; it made it stick up even more.

"Hello?" Nezuko opened the door. "Muichiro? Hi!"

He grinned, and said, "Want to go for a walk?"

She looked shocked for a moment, and then said easily, "Yeah, sure. That would be nice."

She smiled at him as he helped her put on her coat and laughed when he offered his scarf. He said, "Don't laugh! It's cold out!"

Unfortunately for him, it made her laugh even harder.

They made their way casually through Odaiba, stopping to talk to Kanao in her flower shop, and then made their way to a small café.

"You know what, Nezuko ?" He asked her as, he pulled out her chair.

"No, what?"

"I think that I'm really lucky to have you as a best friend."

"Oh," Nezuko said looking at him cautiously. "Why?"

"Because," he started, "going out with Daki wasn't the smartest thing for me to do, as I now have realized. But you didn't make fun of me, or ignore me, when I acted like a complete ass."

She looked at him still. "You're welcome, I guess."

"I really want everything to go back to the way it was before Daki , okay?"

"I would like that."

He was suddenly struck with how beautiful her eyes were, under the dim light of the café. It was getting dark outside, and the wind raged outside behind her; making her look incredibly peaceful and warm.

"If I recall correctly," he began, "I owe you a movie still."

She laughed. "Yeah. You do."

"Do you want too..."

She nodded at his fading words, and then whispered, "Sure."

"Yuichiro , I'm telling you." Tanjiro said grinning at his friend. They were at Yuichiro's apartment this time, in which he would hopefully be sharing with Makomo soon. "You should have seen her come home yesterday. Her face was all flushed and her eyes were shining – whatever Muichiro did, he did it right."

Yuichiro grinned. "Of course he did, he gets it from me. I wonder what he did though."

They were silent for a moment.

Tanjiro rolled his eyes, and Kanao , who was sitting beside him on the couch, intertwined her fingers with his. As she did so, she said, "Seriously, though – I'm glad he isn't an item with Daki anymore."

Tanjiro laughed at his fiancée. "It isn't like you to say that about someone."

She looked up at him, smiling sweetly. "Muichiro was supposed to always have been with Nezuko , not Daki ."

He nodded at her.

"Anyway, Yuichiro , have you talked to him about Nezuko lately?" Tanjiro said, gazing at Kanao still. He finally broke away and looked at Yuichiro .

"Just talked to him this morning," Yuichiro said from his place on the loveseat. "He was shocked yesterday, when he realized how beautiful she was."

"He said that?" Kanao asked. She got up from the couch and went into the kitchen briefly to get a couple of sodas.

"Word for word." Yuichiro smirked.

Taichi looked grateful. "You're twin is a good kid, Yuichiro ."

Yamato nodded.

"She was absolutely beautiful," Muichiro commented to his brother again that night.

"I know, Muichiro , you've already told me." Yuichiro stated, then added, "Numerous times."

His younger twin brother sighed.

"Well, then, do something about! You can't just keep telling me about how beautiful she is."

"I know...but I just got out of a relationship with Daki ..."

"So?" Yuichiro exploded. "Screw Daki !"

Muichiro looked at him with wide eyes.

"No, don't actually," Yuichiro said, rolling his eyes. "You're too literal, Muichiro . What I meant was, that if you have certain feelings towards Nezuko , don't dwell on it forever."

"So you mean like, Carpe Diem?"

Yuichiro looked at him for a moment then shook his head. "No, I mean that you should seize the moment."

Muichiro shook his head in disbelief. He got up and walked to the door, and before heading out said sarcastically, "Thanks for the advice."

Yuichiro didn't pick up on it, and offered him a reassuring smile. Actually, Muichiro thought that his twin might have had a point.

He smiled to himself, and said, "Tonight."