Chapter 1. The start of something new

It was around 11:35 P.M. when you stepped off the ferry onto the docks and inhaled the salty, cold, and crisp ocean air.  

You were an EMT and an officer who had just graduated from the academy and had been requested by a family friend from Griffin Rock, Captain Charlie Burns. 

You had never met the man but you had met his daughter, Dani Burns, who was one of your classmates you met in one of the programs the academy had offered. 

You had your bags stacked on top of one another, wobbling as you had been struggling to hold them all. 

You saw your motorbike being taken off the ferry while a man in a beige uniform came up to you asking for the address that the bike was supposed to be dropped off at, as you gave him the address. 

Y/N's POV.

While he walked away, I was looking through the crowd trying to find the duo who was supposed to pick me up.

 As soon as she saw me, her expression quickly changed from concerned to bright and cheerful.

  She ran up to me with a blonde boy behind her, as you both tightly hugged each other, while you lifted her off the ground. 

"Y/n, " she said as if being choked, " Do you mind letting me go now?" "Oh heh, sorry about that Dani," I said as I slowly let her down. 

" So, who's the little guy?" I asked Dani. "Oh, that's my younge-" she was interrupted by the boy telling me " I'm Cody, her younger brother!", with him sticking out his hand for me to shake.

 "Well, Cody, nice to meet ya!", I said while sternly shaking his hand, " I hope that you can show me around the island some time, it seems to be quite beautiful!" 

"Well," Dani said, " I'll pull my 'copter up right now, or would you rather walk to it Y/n?" "I think I prefer walking if you don't mind, I'd like to stretch my legs a bit," I told her. 

While walking to the helicopter, she ran ahead to get the helmets. 

She handed them to Cody and me as we hopped into the 'copter, but as I got in, I noticed an odd emblem on the front of the vehicle.

  We took off, and as I was about to ask her what it was for,  a screen turned on and a robot had popped up on it, and she quickly said, " Oh Y/n I almost forgot to tell you! This is one of the bots for Griffin Rock, I'm sure you've heard of h- it, " as if she had caught herself off guard." 

" Yeah I have actually, God am I excited to see all of the techs that Griffin Rock has to offer!" I said with a glimmer in my eye while knowing what this "robot" really was, an Autobot. "so what's its name", I asked Dani, and she answered, " It, no his name was Blades." " How convenient, well Blades", I said to the Autobot in disguise, " please take us home safely!"

While in the air I placed a pair of AirPods into my ears and played f/s, and looked out the window, in awe at the view. Wondering how mine was doing.

Cody's POV.

"Hey Dani," Cody asked, "Do you think that I could introduce her to the rest of the bots?" " Sure I guess, but that'll have to be tomorrow, it's a bit late. " "Fair enough", he responded. 

Y/N's POV.

We landed at an extremely large fire station and walked in. 

An older man walked up to me saying, " Ah, you must be y/n l/n!" "Yes sir and you must be Chief Burns!" I respond to him. 
I've heard a lot of good things about you from Dani. We'll continue this conversation tomorrow, but for now, you should get to rest, and we all will meet down in the Kitchen at nine, " he said.

 "C'mon, I 'll show you to your room," Dani said as I followed after her. We both walked down the halls as she explained where each room was.

 She opened up the door to an average-sized room with a large window, opening up to a view of the forest behind it.
"Well you know where everything is, so I'll leave you be. Goodnight y/n!" Slamming the door behind her.

Meh, you said to yourself, I'll start unpacking when I wake up, as you plopped onto the bed, kicking off your shoes. 

Tomorrow was another day, and it was a day that ended up changing your perspective on some things a bit.

End Chapter 1