I'm Just Saying You Can Do Better

Ashlyn's POV

Today's mission was to successfully through Seb a surprise birthday party. With the help of everyone we succeeded. Everything turned out so great that I am really seriously considering a career in event planning. I make a amazing event coordinator if I do say so myself.

After we came together to present Seb with his birthday cake and sung him a special Happy Birthday song Seb turned his own party up. He got everyone on the dance floor dancing and having fun. I was still finishing my cake and ice cream. Plus I needed to rest my ankles because I've been on my feet for while, running and making sure everything goes smoothly. I needed the rest.

The only person other than me who wasn't on the dance floor was Ricky. It's been a little bit of a weird time for literally everyone when it comes to Ricky. We all did our best to deal with the awkwardness of his breakup with Nini. But then Nini's Rose Song went even more viral since Gina hooked her up with her brother Jermey who's this big producer guy. He pushed her song out there. Now she's doing home school so she can focus on music and get ready to go on tour. Which is great for Nini. I am very excited for her. The only thing with Ricky now is he has moved on from Nini to now Lilly the pitch perfect mean girl Barbie. They are legit going out on dates and spending time together. They act like they are in a relationship without actually being in a relationship. It's weird. No it's not weird. I simply dislike Ricky being attached to Lily. She is really not a nice person at all.

Lately Ricky has been a little distant because he already knows we don't care for Lily at all. Gina, Natalie and I have a working theory that Lilly and Howie stole Ricky's harness when we were doing beauty & the beast. That harness is gone. We never found it. Nobody in our school or in our group would ever have a motive for hiding the harness. The only people that were at our show were Howie and Lilly and they would have motive for stealing the harness. I'm not sure how they did it but we were sitting down comparing notes and thinking of ways how it could have gone missing.  In a way I think Ricky may know it was Lily and that's why he's not really around because he may know the truth or it could be that he knows that we all don't care for Lily at all. It just really sucks because I feel that some way some how Ricky and I have gotten closer as friends. He use to open up
a lot to me and now he doesn't as much as he use to.

Ricky sat near me at the table. He had a little bit of cake left on his plate that he was eating. He looked at everyone on the dance floor having fun. He had this look on his face that looked  like he felt a little left out. I felt a little bad for him. If only he knew that it doesn't have to be this way. I decided to start up a little conversation with him.

"Are you going to babysit that last piece of cake or are you going to get on the dance floor?" I asked jokingly hoping that will warm him up to talk to me.

"I'm still babysitting. I'll catch up in a little bit" Ricky answered

"I feel like I haven't talked to you in awhile, how are you feeling?" I asked genuinely

"Things are good, never better. Just you know been around, still playing and making music. The usual" Ricky said

"That's good, have you finished writing that one song you were telling me about?" I asked him

"I uhh actually didn't finish it. I've been kinda working on something else. I got inspired to do something else so that's what I'm working on" Ricky answered

"Were you inspired by a certain someone, who's about yaye  tall, blonde hair, blue eyes" I said eluding to Lily. Ricky laughed it off. I can tell he was nervous or maybe I made him uncomfortable. I'm not sure.