𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

"Last time you were this close to me when I was holding a hot kettle it almost ended badly."

*•*

*•*

"Lettie," the barmaid greeted with a light tilt of her lip, "The usual?"

Right as the Morelli woman stepped through the doors of the pub she glanced on all sides of the room casually as she made her way to the counter, trying to seek out a familiar Peaky cap but coming up empty in the end.

The bundle of nerves in her body calmed and her body relaxed from its tense state as she realized the Shelby man wasn't anywhere in their vicinity. Stopping in front of the counter, Leticia disregarded her question too distracted with the thought of the police bursting in at any moment, "You haven't seen Thomas around have you?"

Setting down the glass she had in her hand back onto the surface of the wood, Grace shook her head softly, "No, why? Is he in trouble?"

It's like a switch had went on in Leticia's head. A blaring reminder echoing in her mind of the information that Kennedy told her not too long ago. She hadn't had time to think about how she would go about being near Grace knowing that she was working for Inspector Campbell. She knew right now wouldn't be the right time to confront her. Besides, it's always best when their caught off guard, so for now, the brunette remained silent and acted as natural as possible.

Standing up straighter, Lettie's tense shoulders went back to their strained positions as she was about to give a simple answer. But before she could, Harry came halting right beside her, the side of his body leaning on the counter, "My brother in Digbeth just said the police are coming down from Deritend in numbers. Asking for Thomas Shelby by name."

The barmaid immediately turned her head to gauge Leticia's reaction, but found that the woman was not surprised by the news. Instead, she had faced the bartender with a composed exigency, "How long ago?"

Swinging the towel on his shoulder, Harry tried recalling, "Uh, about thirty minutes ago more or less."

Not even a second later, the sound of the Garrison doors opening caused a turn of heads to face the commotion, "Shit." Harry said as he walked away after sparing a last look at both women standing near the bar counter.

Hazel eyes locked with blue ones, Thomas quickly getting the impression that she knew what was going on by just a look. Not breaking eye contact, he opened the back room door, Leticia already making her way over to him without a word being said. Grace watched the interaction with a calculating stare wondering what would be said between the two behind closed doors.

After slipping into the quiet room, Tommy closed the door keeping a close eye on the Morelli woman as she turned around, her curls whipping on her back as she stood closer to the man. Speaking in a hushed voice, she anxiously said, "What are you doing here? You can't be here. If they find you, that's the end, Thomas."