𝙿𝙿: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙺𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚊𝚍𝚢

^Vɪᴅᴇᴏ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ NOT ᴍɪɴᴇ. Cʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʀɪɢʜᴛғᴜʟ ᴏᴡɴᴇʀ.

♕︎

Y/N

"Mummy, can you sing to us a song?" my five-year-old daughter, Sadie, asked, looking up at me with puppy eyes. "Please?"

"Please, Mum." Regulus, Sadie's twin brother, pleaded from his bed just beside his sister's.

My husband, High King Peter Pevensie the Magnificent, and I looked at each other, the both of us mirroring a smile.

"Alright then," I turned back to them with a smile. I sat on Sadie's bed while Peter sat on Regulus', taking a deep breath before starting to sing the song I've just written days ago.

"Riding through the green and leafy wood
Comes a lady wearing cloak and hood,
She is very sad,
Isn't it too bad?
Surely we would help her if we could!~"

Both my children and my husband listened attentively to the song I was singing, eyes focused on me while I sang.

"Lo! A gallant knight comes riding by,
How he hates to see a lady cry!
He will take her part,
Win her gentle heart,
Quietly we'll leave them, you and I~"

I ended the song, standing up from the bed to kiss Sadie's forehead. I then went to Regulus, also kissing his forehead after tucking him in his bed.

Leaving the room with Peter, we were stopped when Regulus called out for me before we could get out.

"Yes, Dear?" I asked with a motherly smile.

"Did you make that song?" he questioned.

"Yes," I nodded. "I did."

"Alright." He also nodded, satisfied with the answer. "Good night, Mum. Good night, Dad."

"Good night." Peter and I simultaneously replied, gently shutting the door.

Hand-in-hand, we quietly walked through the halls, careful not to wake up anyone from their sleep. As soon as we arrived in our chambers, Peter let go of my hand, immediately running to our bed and making himself comfortable. I chuckled at his somewhat childish behaviour, also making my way to the bed.

Both of us were quiet after we had made ourselves comfortable, my head on Peter's chest as I listened to his heartbeat. I felt his fingers running through my hair when suddenly he stopped.

"Did you really have to write a song about how we met?" he asked. I looked up at him, seeing him furrowing his brows at me.

"Why?" I raised a brow. "Is there a problem about it?"

He shook his head in response. "There's no problem." He replied. "I think it's rather cute."

"Awwe." I lifted myself a bit, giving him a quick peck on the lips before going back to my comfortable position. "Thank you."

"But there's just this little thing..."

"I thought there was no problem?" I looked back up to him, furrowing my brows.

"I was already a king when I saw you riding on your horse," he stated. "crying."

"You didn't have to add the last part." I playfully glared at him, causing him to chuckle at me. "And yes, I know you're already a king when we met."

"Then why, exactly, did sing 'knight'?" he raised a brow.

I just shrugged my shoulders in response.

A few moments later, I heard Peter lightly snoring from above, causing a smile to grow on my face. Lifting myself a bit, I gently pecked his lips, my blond husband smiling a bit as I did. I went back to my original position, placing my head on his chest. I listened to his heartbeat, my eyelids slowly drooping to sleep, feeling safe in my knight's arms.

♕︎

While scanning through my old piano books, I found that song and thought it was a good idea to turn it into an imagine.

Sorry if it's short, but I hope you enjoyed it.

-Andi:) <3