― 18 : the stolen book

―*―*―

𝑤𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠,
𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑏𝑗𝑒𝑐𝑡

―*―*―

"What?!"

"Yes!" Mirae exclaimed frustratingly. "It's all over the town! They say she couldn't handle the humiliation and took her own life"

"It's not so, Mirae! Someone made her do it."

"What?"

"Yes, it seems so. Why would a daughter, who loved her father dearly, kill him?"

"But-

"Mirae and y/n, there's someone who has come to meet you." Mirae's grandma's voice came which puzzled the two.

"Riki? Why are you here?" Mirae questioned when she spotted Riki standing outside.

"You probably must have heard the-

"Yes, we did."Y/n replied.

"Then I don't think you need an explanation as to why you've been called to the palace." Riki replied.

"Did the King seem angry?"

"No, he just called for you." Riki replied.

"Okay, let's not waste time."

"I knew you were intelligent but I didn't know you were so studious as to bring that book with you when we're literally going to the palace" Mirae exclaimed, pointing at the book which y/n held tight in her hands as they walked down the streets.
"I thought I'd need it."

"What does that book even have that you'd need it in the palace?" Riki questioned.

"I-important information"

"What kind?" Riki questioned again.

"Uh, a dictionary, a book of meanings required by a d-detective."

"T-

"Did anything seem suspicious in the palace today?" Y/n questioned, trying to change the topic.

"Uh-no." Riki replied.

"Did the King say anything to the Princes?"

"No, they were asked to assemble in the court while I was being told to scout you both"

"Oh"

"How long are we going to stand here?" Riki mumbled while tapping his feet vigorously against the ground, growing impatient.