Chapter 11: Fireworks

– y/n's POV –

I slowly opened my eyes to see whose they were...

Draco?

He was kneeling down in front of me, his big hands both overlapping with mine.

We stayed still, our eyes silently meeting under the extravagant display of the night sky.

It felt as though time had stopped, and the loud crackling sounds faded. The reflection of flickering lights sparkled in Draco's eyes... I never thought I would be able to think they are enchanting.

After a moment, people's shouts and cheers grew louder. The fireworks ended.

Draco looked up and slowly removed his hands from mine. He then got back on his feet and offered me his hand.

I was hesitant but I held his hand. After I stood up, Draco just stared at me without saying anything and just turned to walk away.

My urge was telling me to stop him. But I retained my self-control.

"Y/N!" Then I heard Harry calling me from behind. "Where have you been? I couldn't find you." He handed me a cup of Butterbeer. "Did you see the fireworks?"

"...Yeah," my heart was still beating for what just happened. I stared down at my hand.

"Weren't they beautiful?" Harry smiled. "...It would have been better if... we watched it together."

"...Yeah," my eyes were fixed on my hands and I should have taken more heed to what Harry was saying before I answered.

Then I remembered about the dream. Shit.

I quickly turned around to look for Edmund. But there were way too many people blocking my view.

"Y/N! Harry!" Then I heard a high-pitched voice shouting from a distance. I looked at the direction of the voice and saw Hermione waving at us. She came running to us with Ron. "I thought you didn't want to come!"

"Umm, change of thoughts." I smiled at her with effort.

"We have to go catch the Hogwarts Express now, it's going to leave soon," Hermione wrapped her arm around mine and led us to the train.

When we got on, Hermione spoke to Harry and Ron. "Oh, will you boys allow us some privacy for a second? Thank you." Then she dragged me into an empty compartment with her.

"What are you doing?" I sat across from her.

"Come on," Hermione smiled.

"What?"

"What is the real reason you came?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" I awkwardly chuckled.

"Look, you might be able to fool them, but not me." Hermione eyed the compartment in which Harry and Ron were. "What's on your mind?"

It was complicated, a very long story. And I couldn't possibly tell her everything. I must be careful.

"I could be pretty tight-lipped. If you are to tell anyone your secret, it should be me." Hermione insisted.

"...It's just Edmund." I murmured.

"Edmund?" Hermione's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "What about him?"

"He's just been ignoring me since this morning but I really needed to talk to him about something."

"Something so urgent you had to fly all the way here?"