Chapter 7: Face to Face

Infront of Aether stood the large wooden doors of the Kamisato Estate. He was nervous; so nervous in fact, that he felt frozen in place.

On the bright side, no guards questioned the Traveler's existence in the Kamisato Estate anymore. This was his second time coming here and Ayaka or Thoma must have made it clear to those on duty that both Paimon and Aether were esteemed guests of the Kamisato clan.

A bold move, but also very much appreciated by Aether. Paimon wasn't exactly the best at lying to people, so chances are she would spill the beans.

"Paimon thinks someone's nervous" playful tease was apparent in her voice

"I'm not nervous, just... well I uh..."

Aether couldn't come up with anything.

"..  Yeah, okay I admit it. I'm nervous. I just don't want to come off the wrong way again. What if she resents me from my immediate decline to help the rebellion?"

"Ohhh relax, even if you choke on this, Paimon's got it all under control! I know exactly what I'm doing."

Even floating fairies have an ego

"That's real assuring."

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean!"

"Oh nothing at all."

"Just let Paimon do the talking"

Before Aether could respond, Paimon busted through the doors.

Aether sighed, knowing that this probably wouldn't end well. When it comes to people with money, Paimon tends to forget the objective.

"Ooooh Ayaka guess who fulfilled all your wishes!" She sounded like a little kid who just got done doing all their chores, wanting acknowledgment.

Silence responded to Paimon.

Not a voice or sounds.

Paimon began dashing around looking for Miss Kamisato.

"Ayaka?"

At this point Aether began to wonder if she was even here. He thought that perhaps they took too long to fulfill her quest and she grew concerned.

Aether heard a breath and began to walk towards the blue and golden screen that Ayaka once spoke behind.

He knew for sure that he heard a prolonged and heavy breathe behind that screen. It was quiet, but he knew what he heard. The Traveler was ready to walk behind it, surely if Ayaka was here and didn't respond then she needed help.

But before he could cross the screen he felt a strong hand on his right shoulder. It wasn't a strong grip, but in fact hesitant.

Aether turned around quickly, slightly alarmed by the sudden touch. He didn't draw his weapon mostly because of the way the person grabbed his shoulder. He knew that it wasn't meant to gain control or attack.

The person who tapped his shoulder was Thoma.

He looked at Aether and gave a smile.

Thoma knew what was about to happen. The Shirasagi Himegimi was about to reveal herself to the Traveler. As he has gained her trust. Thoma knew this was going to be an experience for the Traveler as it was most definitely one for Thoma himself. 

Thoma chuckled lightly at the Traveler.

Aether didn't have enough time to think about that however.

The sound of silk could be heard moving around the screen. It was a pleasant sound.

Not long afterwards Aether felt as if his mind exploded. He was pretty sure his mouth was open, but he couldn't do anything to stop it.