Chapter 13. Julian's confessions

One night. "I don't need to hear--" I was suddenly cut off by his pleading voice. "Aubrielle, please, just let me explain my version and just hear me out please? At that time, I had told you that it would have gone bad for you to be with me. Which was bad for your safety. At that moment in time, he had gone silent for a couple of minutes. It wouldn't have been good to get involved with me at all. As much as I had wanted to have a future with you, it would have been difficult for me." His hands were reaching towards my face to stroke my cheek again, like he had been doing this evening.

"I had been scared that I would have hurt you. Aubrielle, you have to know that it's been torture not being around you, all I've ever dreamed of was being with you. I'm sorry, I made you feel so rejected." I paused in shock, taking in everything I knew. 

"You would not have hurt me." He stopped for a minute, and was hurling away my tears that had continued to fall. His hands had felt as cold as a lump of ice. "I've never been able to say it. but you have to believe me when I say I would never leave you again. I would never want to hurt you. I want to be there and to care for you, like I've always dreamed of doing." 

The touch of his hands moved gently down towards my throat which he softly stroked. I had sat feeling very confused, all of this information was twirling around in my brain. But had felt very content with the soothing touch of his hands.

"I-I-I'm not understanding any of this, It's not even making any sense to me." I said quietly. 

"I had known that." He didn't even look very shocked. "It's not how I can explain everything to you. But you'll soon find out, in a couple of years." His hands as soft as a feather, had begun taking out the hair clips that were currently on display in my hair.

"Elodie was so excited to have you here this evening as well. She's actually pleading for you to come back inside." Julian said soothingly, smiling lovingly back at me.

"What about your decision then?" I asked him happily.

He had taken the last few pins from it's current position in my bun and my hair had begun to gracefully fall down towards my back. Julian had swiftly positioned the pins back in my bag, and had begun to resume playing with my hair, gently twisting my long auburn hair with my hands until it had fallen back on my shoulders.

His left hand had trailed its way back towards my face as if it were suddenly magnetic. At this moment, his hands stroked my cheek and had begun moving further to me. "What about me? I would love to have you back." I anxiously chewed on my lip as I thought about Laura's reaction. Even the image of being able to spend my time with him made my heart stop again,

but we'd missed one another so dearly. The way his eyes and soothing touches..