Chapter Eleven: Date Nights

"Okay, boys I'm heading out. I left some money on the island for you guys to buy some pizza or order some take-out" Laura shuffled in her purse to find her phone and keys. The sound of gunshots was heard when Jordan yelled out. "Spence come on man! I told you twelve o clock. Dillon and his friend are smoking us,". Spencer scrunched his eyebrows annoyed at Jordan.

"My guy I can't keep saving you and trying to save myself. Haven't you heard of ducking and hiding? You literally go guns blazing thinking that's going to work,". Jordan heard laughter through the headset when Dillon's voice cracked with every word he spoke. "All I'm saying is this really a competition because my boy and I are points ahead of you guys in kills,".

"Boys!" Laura raised her voice the second both Jordan and Spencer turned back to Laura standing with her arms crossed. "Did you even hear me?". Jordan nodded. "Yeah the money is on the island for dinner. Got it,". Laura shook her head grabbing her purse. "I swear those video games are killing your brain cells. Didn't your doctor tell you not to play those games? It's not good after a concussion,". Jordan shook his head. "Mom the doc gave me the all-clear weeks ago. I'm good. I have no symptoms,". Laura let out a sigh when Jordan whistled.

"Got a hot date tonight? Because if so I want to meet him," Jordan asked. Laura looked down at the dress she'd been wearing. Trying to hide the blush rising in her cheeks, she distracted herself by looking through her purse again. "It's not a date Jordan. Just going to hang out with Mrs. Grace tonight. Nothing special. Can I not look hot? Just because I'm a mom doesn't mean that I still got it," Laura took her purse in her hand doing a little spin.

Jordan shook his whole body never wanting to hear those words from his mother. "Mom please don't ever say those two words in a sentence again,". Spencer laughed shaking his head. "I for one disagree. You look beautiful Mrs. Baker. Have fun with my moms tonight, but not too much. The last girls' night you both had she couldn't even make it to her bed. Passed out on the couch till morning,". Laura soflty laughed reminiscing of her and Billy wrapped in each other's arms that same evening.

Trying to hide her smile from the boys, it was too late since both Jordan and Spencer looked at each other knowing Laura was never good at hiding what she had been feeling. "Thank you, Spencer. See Jordan learn from Spencer, on how to compliment a woman,". Jordan shook his body once again disgusted. "You're not just any woman, you're my mom. Don't I get a pass?". Laura groaned half annoyed.

"Sometimes I wonder what Simone sees in you baby. I love you but you and your father scare me of how clueless you sometimes can be,". Spencer raised his eyebrows. "Sometimes?". Jordan threw a pillow at Spencer causing a burst of laughter to ensue from the other end of the couch. "She ain't wrong," Spencer continued. Jordan narrowed his eyes when he and Spencer both looked at each other before looking back to his mother. "You guys going out tonight?" she asked. The boys shook their heads in sync.

"Not tonight. We are virtually babysitting Dillon and his friend,". Spencer held up his phone to where Laura could see Dillon on the other end, waving back to her. "Hi Mrs. Baker. Jordan you're an idiot. Your mom looks beautiful tonight. Don't listen to your son Mrs. Baker. I'll make sure he's behaving," Dillon yelled from the other end distracted. "Did you guys see that?! Not a 360 scope trick shot off the deck!".

"Well, you boys have fun tonight. Don't wait up for me, I'm taking my keys and if it gets too late I might stay over at Mrs. Grace's. Should I read you, boys, the rules?" Laura asked when both Spencer and Jordan stood up walking Laura to the door.  "Even if I would say no, you're still going to read them out," Jordan groaned. Laura smiled agreeing.

"No parties, no funny business, and no JJ. I heard about his Vegas party he threw last week and I don't want a repeat of that in my house. Simone is with Olivia tonight having a spa night at her house. But I'll call her on the way to make sure they are good. And I'm serious about the no funny business,". Jordan and Spencer both raised their hands agreeing.