Seven

Part One... JJ's POV...12:15 pm

I drove to the Taylor's first, praying that my first instinct about grandpa going over to the Payton's family house was wrong. "Dammit, grandpa, please don't kill the Farley." I blurted out when I didn't see his car parked in the driveway.

I pressed the speakerphone button on my cell phone after dialing his number, then backed out of the driveway. "Grandpa, please tell me you're not at the Farley's house right now," I speak into the phone as soon as he says hello.

"I'm not there now, grandson, but I was there just a while ago to have a nice friendly chat with them." He replied.

"Grandpa, did you harm those people or worse, kill them?" I asked in a worried voice.

"No, but I'm planning on doing just that as soon as I see'em, JJ."

"Where are you?" I asked him after letting out a huge sigh of relief.

"Oh, I'm just driving around town hoping to run up a few crazy people with my dear old buddy Suzie laying on the armrest beside me.

"Grandpa, please put Suzie back into the glove compartment," I pleaded.

"Why? Suzie hasn't harmed anyone yet. She definitely hasn't done the job that she's made for yet because three sick-ass fuckers are still going about living their life like nothing is wrong. JJ, I believe that the Farley's knew that their mentally unstable ass daughter did something to my granddaughter when they let her leave the house in the condition that she was in." Grandpa says in an anger-filled voice.

"But Grandpa, this isn't the right way to go about handling this situation," I replied.

"Dammit, JJ, it may not be the right way, but it's going to be my way of getting rid of my problem. I've already lost one grandchild to a stupid motherfucker, and I'll be damn if I lose another one and someone doesn't pay for what they've done." He shouted into the phone.

"Grandpa, the police said that Cadence's death was an accident." I hesitantly murmured into the phone.

"I know what they said, but something in my gut is telling me that, that wasn't a fucking accident, JJ. You and I both know that Cadence would never knowingly drive a car with faulty brakes. Heck, he was so strict on safety that he kept his vehicle well maintained."

"So, what are you trying to say, grandpa?" I asked while already knowing the answer to that question because I felt the same way too.

"That somebody murdered my grandson and made it look like an accident." He spat into the phone.

"Grandpa, why would someone want to kill Cadence?" I inquired because I really needed to hear his answer to that question.

"I don't know, but I sure as hell am going to find out why right after I take care of this little pest control problem that Brie has." He sneered.

"Grandpa, where are you located right now?" I asked him before seeing his car parked outside of Farley & Farley Medical Clinic.

"I'm parked at the 7-Eleven gas station on 29th Street." He stays while chuckling at the same.

"Why are you lying to me? I see you parked in the parking lot of the Farley's Medical Clinic." I uttered as I parked in the empty slot next to him.

"Then Dammit, why you asked that stupid question when you already knew where I was, JJ?"

"Don't you dare get out of that car with Suzie in your hand," I ordered, then got out of the driver's seat of my car and sat in the passenger seat of his.

"Do you honestly think that just because you got in my car, that is going to stop me from doing what I came here to do?" He uttered while glaring at me.

"I know that, but I was hoping that if I sit here long enough, you would realize that what you're thinking of doing is wrong," I stated.

"Boy, if you're going to sit here and lecture me about what I'm doing is wrong, you can get out of my car right now." He yelled at me. "Besides there's a whole lot of shit that's wrong about this situation so what does it matter if I added one more thing to the list huh, JJ."

"If you injure or kill these people, how are you going to find out what really happened to Cadence, behind bars?" I asked him. I was trying my best to deter him from his course of action.

"I'll worry about that afterward." He replies.

I grabbed Suzie up off the seat just as he reached for her. "JJ, give me back my fucking gun," Grandpa shouted as I hopped out of the car.

"Not until you come to your senses," I replied. "Do you honestly think that Brie would want you risking your freedom for her sake?" I asked him after locking Suzie into the glove compartment of my car.

"JJ, all I'm trying to do is protect my family. Since I wasn't able to do that for Cadence, I promised myself I would do everything in my power to protect you, Brie, Gabby, and Jaz even if that meant I had to put my life on the line." Grandpa tells me as he sat in the passenger seat of his car with tears streaming down his face.

"Grandpa, I'm certain that Brie, Jaz, and Gabby will tell you the same thing that I'm about to tell you: we don't want you going to jail for us. We need you to help guide us in the right direction that we should go. For you to do that, you have to be free." I explained to him the best way that I knew how to make him understand how important he was to us.

"Alright, I won't hurt the crazy bastards this time, but I can't promise you that I won't put a round or two in them if I ever lay my eyes on them." Grandpa's state, with his hand, stretched out towards me.

"Well, in that case, I think I'll just hold on to Suzie for a little while longer then." I declare.

"I hope like hell you didn't think that Suzie is the only gun I have in my car. Mean old Mr. Charlie is tucked under my seat and rapid-fire Death Seeker is stashed in my trunk." He quickly informs me with a smirk on his face.

Soon afterward, he let out a hearty chuckle after seeing the surprised look I had on my face. "Come on, grandson, let's head back to the hospital before I change my mind about laying these miserable ass people down to rest for good."

I hopped into my car and followed behind Grandpa to make sure that he didn't change his mind about harming the Farley's.

Please vote and comment!!!
JJNiles...