Chapter 9

The lights began to flicker, as we all stood in a group in the middle of the cabin.

"It's close" Will said quietly, slowly tilting his head from each side of the room.

Everything was so quiet in that room, that every time a tree branch hit the window, or a noise was made, we all jumped.

Mugs started falling off the hooks in the kitchen, as we all stood anxiously.

Everything was silent until, BAM the arm of the Mind Flayer burst into the room, trying to grab one of us. We all ran to the other side of the room as Johnathan hit it with an axe.

He tried to hit it again and it flung him to the side of the wall as he dropped the axe.

The thing tried to grab at Johnathan when Nancy pulled out her gun and shot at it. It flailed around in pain until Nancy's bullets went out.

She looked around in panic as the arm went towards her with a loud growl. It just barley reached her when we realized that El was in the middle of the room, arm stretched out, keeping the arm from reaching Nancy. I wanted to help, because I could tell she was shaking, but there wasn't much I could do.

She slowly moved it away from Nance when she ripped in and flung it to the floor. The arm shot back, barley missing hitting Max in the process.

Just then, another arm shot through the wall and went towards Eleven. She stopped it right in time. Now focused on the one arm, another shot through on the other side, and she stopped that one as well. Now she was surrounded, each arm holding a part of the MindFlayer that would kill us at any second.

She breathed heavily and quickly her arms shot towards the ground, and both of the MindFlayer's arms ripped just like the last, and they went back outside.

Just when El has started to calm down, a giant claw went right through the ceiling and grabbed her leg. We all reacted fast as the monster started trying to take Eleven outside. Mike grabbed her arms, and soon everyone joined him. I stood back and reached out my arm, trying my hardest to help bring her down, but even superpowers couldn't compete with the strength of the MindFlayer.

Hopper loaded his gun and started shooting at it, along with Nancy, who had gotten more bullets.

"Nancy shoot it!" Yelled Johnathan, as he held onto Elevens leg.

My nose started to bleed and my head started pounding, but I knew I couldn't stop. If I stopped then El would surely be taken away.

I look down and realized that the axe was still on the floor.

"Lucas!" I yelled as loud as I could, trying to be heard over Eleven's screams. "Get the axe!"

He ran towards the axe and picked it up off of the ground. He jumped onto a table and and started hitting the ginormous claw. The MindFlayer roared in pain, as Lucas kept hitting and hitting, without hesitation.

With the shots being fired, the screams, and the roars of the monster in the living room, it was hard for me to stay focused. I knew that I would be out of energy as soon as I stopped, and so would Eleven, but I kept trying anyways.

El flailed around while screaming, as everyone yelled "Pull!" and Nancy and Hop shot it.

Lucas took one more swing and it finally chopped in half. The monster started roaring again, as I tried to stay standing. Eleven was almost passed out, and I realized that apart of the Flayer was stuck on her leg.