The new girl

Tom doesn't know why everyone is jumping about.

The orphanage has been in a wreck of havoc lately, Tom wants to know what has everyone jumping around as though they just found out the most life changing news.

Even Billy didn't bother him today.

Not that Tom would let him get away with it of course.

They burnt the bridge of mercy a long time ago.

As he makes his way down the stairs he can see everyone crowding over someone.

A new person.

A new pain in the butt.

A new problem.

Why are they so excited?

Tom has yet to see her face, assuming that she was nothing special he chooses to sit at his own secluded part of the table.

As the matron comes in he can see her fretting over the new girl as if she was something special.

Now Tom's curious.

The matron doesn't exactly like people.

As he try's to make it discreet, well as discreet as a 9 year old can.

She was beautiful.

It was as if all the air was knocked out of his lungs.

He felt as if he could't breathe.

The way her blood red hair tumbled down in waves cascading her back.

How her piercing emerald green eyes gleamed,

Or how her sun kissed skin looked golden under the lights.

There was only one word to describe her.

Ethereal.

She was out of this world.

He was entranced.

Infatuated.

He had never felt like this before, he had never had such a feeling. So warm, so happy. He wanted to keep this feeling with him forever. He wanted to keep her forever. 

He was going to keep her.

Yes, it's not like he hadn't kept things before.

He keeps the toys from the other children, so why shouldn't he keep her?

Tom would keep her.

End of discussion.

He would talk to her after, when everyone is gone. 

He could tell she came from money, if not by her clothes by her mannerism.

She looked so happy.

It made Tom happy.

Tom rarely felt happy.

Tom liked feeling happy.

As he waited for the porridge the orphanage usually gave out, to say he was shocked when he saw the matrons come out of the kitchens with actual meals. Meat, potatoes, peas and gravy. Clean water, cordial. He was having a battle with himself to not let his emotions show. Showing emotions means showing weakness. That didn't stop the others from showing emotions though. They were all devouring everything with a hunger one would see in animals. Tom could see the new girl was shocked with their mannerisms. He was too.

"Matron, where did this come from?"

Now this seemed to pick up everyone's interest, especially Tom's. If Tom was anyone else he wouldn't of noticed how the unnamed new girl had shrunk into herself. If Tom was anyone else he wouldn't of noticed the way she attempted to leave unnoticed. Yet Tom wasn't anyone else, he was Tom Riddle child genius, a prodigy and a child with to many mental illness's that go unnoticed.