Chapter 8

Chapter 8

After seeing what she never dreamt he would do, her dreams were crushed and heaviness in her heart followed like somebody blew hard on her face. They were not in a relationship and she had no right to question him. He can have as many flings as he wants but she wasn't aware why she felt distressed when he kissed the girl. Phoebe did not know even his face. He is her kidnapper to say the truth. She did not know what her feelings were for him but she hated what she saw. Her temper was growing to a saturation of 100 degrees and she couldn't control it.

Phobe fell back on his bed and drew a long breath pulsating. After a minute she pulled the covers over her head. She did not want him to know about what she saw. Two hours later there was a knock at the door and Maria walked in. "Good Morning young madam, Happy Birthday to you." She wished and brought a beautiful turquoise color gown along with chocolate punch, her favorite sweet.

"How do you know that today is my birthday?" Phoebe asked perplexed. "Sir told me." She beamed. "Today is your special day and he gave me the menu of all your favorite dishes." With each passing day, Phobe felt the man more mysterious like he was some stalker and a serial killer in some horror movie. He knows so many things about her without her knowledge. Maria was waiting for Phoebe's reaction but when she got none except impassiveness to her utter surprise, she continued.

"So I made cream rolls, chocolate chip cookies, and pancakes. Anything more that you like to have madam?" She asked her enthusiastic slightly bending herself and clapping her hands like she was speaking to a kid.
Phobe combed her bed hair with her fingers. "First of all just call me Phobe, I require no formalities, Maria. Thank you for the wishes and for making so much effort to prepare so many dishes for me but I'm not hungry." Before Maria could say anything, she rushed out of his bed and closed the door of her room so that nobody could see them.

As expected the monitor in her room blared to life in seconds and she could hear his deep voice. "Happy Birthday my sweet little one." Phoebe did not acknowledge the wishes. She did not want to speak to him and had nothing to do with him. Her spirit died in shards the moment she saw the unforgettable scene this morning. "It seems like my little madam is not in a good mood. What should I do to make her happy?" He was speaking to her like she was a doll.

"How do you know about my birthday?" Phoebe couldn't hold back the anger in her voice. He sighed. "Like I told you, I know so many things about you. Why do you keep asking me the same question? Get showered and put on the dress I brought for you. We can..." Phobe cut him off. "When are you going to release me from your prison?"

"Prison?" There was a pain in his voice. "Did I ever keep you as a captive Phobe? What happened? Why have you behaving differently since morning? Did you have a bad dream cutie pie?" There goes the same endearment in his voice. Phobe bit the inside of her cheek to resist the sob falling out. Why did he always have to make things difficult for her? He keeps talking to her like he loves her so much and kisses another woman.

"I asked you a question. When are you going to release me from your prison?" Phobe shouts reaching the end of the sentence. He takes a deep breath and speaks nonchalantly this time. "I told you earlier too, when our deal settles with your father." Phobe packed the dress back into the bag. "I do not want any gifts from you and I think you are never going to finish the deal. You're enjoying holding me captive here." For a moment there was a halt in her actions as she went on a thought. "If you want to please me on my special day then send me back to my dad."

"Phobe" There was distress in his tone like somebody had battered him blue and red. Before he could speak further she pushed the monitor out of the table breaking it to pieces and the line went dead. Phobe inhaled a staggered breath and walked out of the bedroom. Commanding her perplexity, her eyes went wide when she saw many colorful balloons with a happy birthday written on them. The front hall was filled with bouquets each one carrying a note.