Chapter 1- Quindecim

You regained consciousness in an elevator, with no memories of who or where you are. The elevator suddenly stops and the doors open. You step out with ease and take a look around. You see a young boy about your age, of which you imagine is just as confused as you are. He's handsome, You stare at each other for a few seconds until he asks your name. "I-I'm sorry, I don't remember my name." You stutter. He replies, "Me neither..." You both begin to wander, until you find a bar, being tended by a tall white haired man and a Black haired woman who seemed to be glaring at the two of you. The white haired man bowed. "Hello. Welcome to Quindecim. I am your bartender, Decim." The woman welcomed you and offered you a seat at the bar. You and the boy you came with sat down, although you both were uneasy and a bit scared of what was to come next. "If you could enlighten me, I would like you to tell me if you remember anything before now." The man said, staring at the boy sitting next to me. " O-oh, uhh..." The boy seemed to be in deep thought. "No. I'm sorry, am I supposed to?" "No. Thank you. And what about you?" Decim stared at me with his piercing blue eyes. I tried to remember something, anything. But nothing came to me. "No, I can't remember anything" Decim bowed. "Thank you. Now I will explain why you are here." Me and the boy both leaned forward so we were on the edge of our seats. "You are here to play a game. In the game, you will be risking your own life. You two will be each others opponents. The game will not end until one of you has won. A roulette will be run to decide the game." A red button appeared on the bar. The black haired woman began to speak. "Please push this button when you are ready to begin the roulette." Me and the boy looked at each other, surprised and frightened. "A-And what if we don't play the game?" Asked the boy, his voice full of fear. Decim looked at him. The walls behind the bar began to slowly open as if they were doors. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped at the sight. Inside the walls were human bodies, limp, unmoving bodies. Some of them were even missing limbs. Me and the boy were speechless at the sight. "Im afraid I can't tell you that." Decim replied. "Although I do believe that playing the game would be your option in your current situation." The walls retracted back, until they were closed. I looked at the boy. "Maybe we s-should take more of a look around before we make a final decision" The boy looked at me. He was gritting his teeth and there were tears in his eyes. "Y-yeah, sure." We stood up from the bar stools and began to search for an exit. Just as I had assumed we found no way out. The elevators we had arrived in were out of order. We went back to the bar to find the man and woman whispering to each other about something. "Please push the button when you are ready to begin the roulette." The woman said. I looked at the boy. He nodded at me and I reached my hand towards the button, although I was hesitating. I pushed the button with ease.

And the roulette began.