19. Am I Ready To Say Hello To Patala?

Music for the Chapter: Bachke O Bachke by Shankar Mahadevan, Sunidhi Chauhan and Shaan from Aladin

Trust me when I say the training was nothing easy. Ask a couch potato like me who loves her comfort how it feels to be training like a German Shepard joining the Police Force. Only, here you don't get treats when you achieve a goal. Not even a 'Shabash beta. Bohot acche' kind of remark. Only Guru Parshuram shaking his head in disappointment at what a couch potato you are.

You start on a high note. Excited, energetic, and very determined to do this. You want to do this. Full of energy and determination. By the fourth round of the entire Gurukul, all that is kicked out of the window. You'd be begging for rest and would be ready to pretend that you passed out from exhaustion. By the fifth round, you'd be crying to stop. By the sixth, your legs will be giving out. By the seventh, you'll collapse because your legs refuse to move anymore.

In that moment if you find some person showing off their stamina, the fire that burns inside you can turn you to the dark side. That is how people turn evil. Taunting. That is how Dr. Doofenshmirtz turned evil. His brother took away everything that he wished for. Then his parents taunted him with that.

I felt that. I wanted to strangle that boy to death. Too much of a show-off. I felt so close to stabbing him. Almost tempting me to get violent. I might as well become Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Although, not much of a scientist to become that. Though, I might have to find a different way. Maybe I can become the real Syndrome who turned to the dark side because Mr. Incredibles did not understand his feelings.

"That's it? All your energy is gone? This is just the seventh round. I was expecting at least 14 rounds before you start feeling tired." Akshay taunted.

"Yes. Of course, kids on steroids can run even 30 rounds without getting tired."

"You're Narayan's daughter," Nishi commented.

"Yes. What should I say!! My life was so privileged that I never needed to do all this peasant work. I could simply buy out the idiots to stay out of my life. You people don't have that privilege."

Harsh couldn't help the laughter. He knew I was in a bitch mood. Yes, I get into bitch mode when I feel irritated. You can excuse me for that. Everyone would become a bitch when they are annoyed.

"Are you calling us poor?" Nishi asked, almost offended.

"I can understand. Your brains are too fried out to comprehend sarcasm."

"As lovely as your sarcasm is Alaknanda, you aren't going to survive with just that." Chirag said.

"Who knows? I might get lucky."

"You can't always be lucky."

I laughed, "Pshhh... tell that to someone who has luck in scarcity. My mother is the Goddess of Fortune. I'm in no scarcity of good luck and good fortune. People say money can't buy you happiness but I'd equate a good dress, Six Keventers milkshakes, and a good shopping spree as happiness. You might feel sad and cry but at least you would have an expensive handkerchief to wipe your tears. That is enough assurance that it could have been worse."