Losing

A smile spread across his face. He was not a failure. He was a Knaenri'ahan.

Kaeya takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. Just like he had practiced with Albedo, he focuses on what he wanted to create. A powerful, huge mitachurl. Something that would protect him, but yet also fight with him.

Noelle stars in awe as the creature begins to form from nothing. It was small at first, but as Kaeya worked on his creation it grew explanatory. It was bigger than Mita, Kaeya observes as he looks at his creation. His eyes showed nothing but the proudness of a father.

Quickly noticing the Abyss mages Who now are backing up Kaeya yells but one word. "Mani!" He points to the mages and the new mitachurl looks at them as if understanding what the word meant. Anger burned in its eyes. The same desire of blood that Kaeya had in his blue orbs.

Changing forward the mitachurl which Kaeya decides to name Mani, swings their arms around hitting and destroying the mages should in the one hit.

"Kaeya, you're a..." Noelle says looking a little woozy. "...a Knaenri'ahan?" Her sword touches the ground. Noelle's legs give out and Albedo goes to collect the fainted woman. "Kaeya!" He raises his voice just a bit to be heard.

Kaeya sees and runs to his mother figure, letting Mani take care of all of his Abyss mages.

"Is she okay?"

"She will be. She just fainted from shock."

Kaeya frowns.

"I'm sure this is just too much for her," Albedo says, trying to make Kaeya feel better. "It is her first mission anyway."

Kaeya shrugs it away.

"Don't you have someone to save?" Albedo remarks as he exits. He commands the hilichurl army to exit with him.

Kaeya jumps, remembering the real reason he came to defeat the Abyss mages. Diluc.

Running to Mani,who is holding man Abyss mages. From the health bar above the enemy Kaeya can tell that it doesn't have that much time to live.

"Where is he?" Kaeya spits out. The Abyss mage writhes in Mani's grasp. It points to the only closed door in the far corner. Kaeya didn't notice it when all the mages were charging at them earlier.

He walks off and hears Mani drop the Abyss mage. Mani and Kaeya stop at the door. It's locked but that is no match to Mani strath. He rips open the door straight from its iron hives.

Kaeya also starts sobbing as he looks upon his older brother.

The bloodied body lays on the stone, his brushed wrists bounded in thick iron manacles.

"D-Diluc?" Kaeya staggers forward to his blood red brother. Kaeya falls to his knees; tears drip on the floor. He grabs his brother's hand and brings it to his face.

"I-I'm sorry...that I came too l-late." Kaeya's tears slowly wipes away the blood on his brother hand.

The two stay like that for what seems like years. Kaeya sobs, hiccupping occasionally. His sniffles ocho in the air. He talks to Diluc explaining everything that has happened after he left.

"I'm a Knaeri'ahan..." Kaeya finagled, wiping his eyes and nose with his dirty, bloodily, long sleeves.

"Kaeya I- I already know your secret," Diluc whispers.

Kaeya gasps. Dropping Diluc hand. His eyes go wide and his tears stop falling.

Diluc uses the same hand to lift himself into a somewhat sitting position. "And I know how hard it must have been for you and that I- I didn't exactly make it any easier."