The Fall

Chapter 1- The Fall

Hydra Missive- Project Stork

September 1st 1985

Director,

We are finally starting to see the fruits of our labor. After ten failed attempts we have found the right combination to achieve super soldiers at birth. The project's success is imminent. I will keep you up to date on any further developments. The scientists tell me we have had a real breakthrough. And I look forward to furthering our goals.

Hail Hydra,

Dr. List
Project Stork Lead

New York
Summer 2012

Helena let out a frustrated sigh. The steps were just not coming naturally today and with years of training she couldn't afford for them not to. It didn't help that the choreographer was a damn idiot. This piece had so much potential as a modern dance piece based on Captain America. But if she had to listen to Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy one more time she might scream or quit. The choreographer needed to get his shit together and pick the damn music.

They'd been running in circles for weeks with a new song every rehearsal, 3 weeks until tech rehearsals and nothing was nailed down. At least she was being paid upfront. Some private investor wanted a performance for an upcoming event for some fundraising event that Stark Industries was putting on. Somehow she had gotten more than just ensemble which was nice and unexpected to say the least as she hadn't worked a real gig in over a year. Aunt Moira was always quick to point out that she was wasting her talent and if she wasn't going to dance she could try working for one of the security teams at Shield.

She wouldn't have even been offered the audition, to out of practice after being out of the game for so long, but Aunt Moira was friends with Mr. Stark's assistant. She knew Moira was working at Stark tower, and had been since Helena moved to New York to attend Julliard. Moira said that she wanted to stay close to the only family left on this continent but Helena knew that wasn't the only reason.

Moira had always worried about her and with these stupid "powers" that plagued her since this time last year she was glad to have the support. It had put an abrupt halt on her performing in front of crowds. Glorified senses was what Helena liked to refer to them as. They were a plague that made functioning as a normal human difficult at times, too much information all at once. Dancing helped if it was only in front of a mirror, and the combat training that her aunt put her through on a regular basis seemed to quiet her head as well.

This job was more her style then most. When she was in high school before she picked Julliard it was a toss up whether she would study dance or history. She loved studying World War II, particularly anything to do with Captain America and the howling commandos. It had been a real treat getting the call asking her to dance as Peggy Charter for this show until she met the choreographer. Over the last three weeks her excitement had slowly leaked away.

Six weeks to learn, rehearse, and perfect a show that the choreographer was hopelessly unequipped to handle. At least she had gotten paid upfront.

"Helena, you are free to go for the day. Mark is going to be working with the ensemble the rest of the day so there is no need for you to hang out. I'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning."