Chapter 14

"I love this place." I say while smiling and looking around. "Yeah I know. I do too. It's so calm and peaceful." He looked over at me. He wrapped an arm around my waist. I hope this never ends. Me just living here in Bly Manor. With just Miles and Flora. That's sounds amazing. But Kate would have to be out of the picture completely for it to be fully enjoyable for me.

But how do I get her out of the picture? Miles. Fucking. Fairchild. She's scared of him. He could do anything to get her fired or ... killed. Yes. Both of those could work. But Flora would still need a teacher. I mean I could teach her but that child is probably smarter than I am.
I think she knows all the State capitals. I only know a few... like North Carolina is Raleigh, Arizona is Phoenix, Georgia is Atlanta, Florida is Tallahassee, Tennessee is Nashville, Idaho is Boise, Oregon is Salem, Indiana is Indianapolis and Maine is Augusta. Anyway she would need a new nanny.

"Y/n?...Y/n?" The voice was muffled. I was zoned out thinking about Kate. "Y/n!" I snapped out. "Huh? Yeah is everything okay?" "Yeah everything's okay... are you?" Miles asked me. "I was just lost in my thoughts." "Oh what were you thinking about?" "Nothing!" He smirked at me. "Were you thinking about me?" "No!" I felt my face turn red. "Holy shit! You were! Y/n Y/L/N! Was it a wet thought?" He was laughing so hard he fell to the ground.

"Is he okay?" Flora asked and ran over to us. "He's fine. He's just being stupid." She nodded and said "Oh okay."

After a couple minutes Miles gets up and stops laughing. "I really wasn't think about you." "Uh huh sure Y/n sure." "Anyway wanna go ride the horses?" Flora ran right over when I said that. "Yeah! I call dibs sitting with Miles!" "Not fair little missy!" I said after her. "Ladies, ladies, please there's enough of me to go around." "Miles please shut up." He put his hands up in defeat. "Fine you can ride with Miles but next time your riding with me." "Okay."

We started walking the stables Flora skipping ahead. Miles and I held hands and he let out a
small chuckle. "What?" "You got jealous of a 9 year old." "No I didn't." "Yes you did." "No." "Yes." I playfully punched his shoulder. "Shut up." He pulled me close to him. "Make me." That made me blush and I got butterflies in my stomach. "You're such a simp for me." I roll my eyes at him. "We'll if I'm a simp then your a dork." He let out a dramatic gasp and I laughed a little. Then we both leaned in for a kiss and then continued walking over to the stables.

After about 30 minutes of riding we all decided to go back inside and make some cookies. Well Flora didn't help Kate made her do some work. I got out all the ingredients we would need.

"Okay Miles get a bowl, a whisk and 2 eggs please." He goes and gets them and I start adding everything together and I go ahead and preheat the oven to around 350 degrees. Then hands me the items. "Thank you." I take the egg and it into the batter. And use the whisk and whisk it all together.

And after about (that's an alliteration sorry I like pointing it out when I notice it) 5 minutes of whisking it is now dough and I scoop it out and shape them in a pan. And then I insert it into (there's another one once again sorry) the oven. And I put the timer for 10 minutes. "Now we wait." I say and turn around and sit next to Miles on the couch.

. ~ * 10 minutes later * ~ .
"Miles stop I gotta get the cookies out of the oven." I say and he keeps sitting on me. And kissing my face and neck. He sat up for a second just looking down at me "Nah I'm good." And he just kept kissing me.

"BITCH THE COOKIES ARE GONNA BURN GET OFF ME!" I practically yelled but it was still kinda quiet. "Don't yell at me." "Don't tell me what to do." He sat up again and just looked me dead in the eye. "Wanna say that again." I was dead ass really nervous. Like god damn he's so powerful but like he's just a giant teddy bear.

He finally got off me and I ran to the kitchen. "Man. Fuck you Miles. The cookies are a little burnt." "When , where , what time?" He just smirked at me. "Miles please just shut up." "I don't think I will." I just rolled me eyes. I grabbed a wooden spoon and turned to face him. "Don't make me use this." "Oh yeah? What are gonna do?" Oh wow he just said that. I walk towards him and I hit him with the spoon. "Ow! Y/n what the hell!" He covered the spot where I hit him with his hand. "You got what you deserve." And I walk to go grab a cookie and I bite into it. "If you didn't make me burn these I'd be so happy with these." "Oh well you'll love." "No I wont cookies are my life. I love cookies." I lay down on the floor and act like a toddler throwing a fit in the store. Just without the screaming and crying.

He let out a dramatic gasp. "Did you just say you love cookies more than me." He put his hand on his chest to be even more dramatic. "But it's true! Cookies are like my life. I would so marry cookie if I could." "Damn bro that shit kinda hurted though." "I was just kidding Mi." "Yeah I know. You would die without me. Like this would be you." He prepares himself. And I prop my self up on my elbows just watching him since well...I'm still on the floor. "Oh my god Miles! I just love you so much don't ever leave me! I lOvE you so much!" His voice cracked while he was doing the high pitch voice. I started laughing. "Okay number 1 I don't sound like that and 2 I don't act like that either. I am an independent women I don't need no mans." He looked at me like 🙄😐 "Uh huh sure Y/n what ever you say."

(I am gonna get to where he goes at night in another chapter but until then enjoy this, also tell me if I ever make Y/n sound like a pick me 😭 I would die of sadness not laughter)