ads, paid stories, and all about money

i am sure all of us have been interrupted countless times by ads while reading a story online on this orange site.

wattpad ads. the definition of the devil.

now i understand wattpad needs ads to make money. i totally do. but c'mon now, after every chapter? 30 seconds ads? and in my story that doesn’t get paid? i and other writers provide this site with content. wp is nothing without its creators. they get money off us, but we get no percentage of the profit. if you want money for your writing, you have to join the paid program.

now i understand writers eventually need to make money off their writing, but let's face it: aren’t most of the users on this site penniless teens who can't deduct that much of their allowance to unlock some cliché story with at least 50 chaps? how much do writers actually get from this paid program?

why can't they do a sort of monetisation program wherein only qualified stories get to have ads and get paid? why does every single story have ads? why do we see the same ads over and over? king of avalon, i played you once and quitted bc you're a money sucker. stop appearing through my chaps!

wp has been dying ever since the premium and paid stories program have started. i can see people leave, switch platforms and delete their books.

and well, speaking for myself, whenever i see a paid story, i quickly scroll down.