Chapter one

Dream's POV
"Why can't you be more like your sister?"

My mom stumbled in the house way past 4 o'clock in the morning. Her once long, wavy hair was a wild lion's main. Her blue maxi dress was tore and ripped at the bottom. Not to mention, her makeup being smeared all over her face. Her eyes could barely stay open as she trudged up the stairs. My mother tripped over her own feet. I just stared at her in disgust. She woke me up out of my peaceful dream of fine ass august for this?! I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"Mom, it's 4 in the morning" Tiredness laced in my voice. I done had it with this woman.

Ever since my sister Alexandra left to Per-sue her dreams of becoming a singer in a girl group and leaving me behind, our mother has been drinking way more than usual. If she doesn't stop, she's going to send her self to an early grave.

I sighed, as she began rambling on. Spit flew out her mouth with every word. "If you were more like your sister." She pointed her long, pointy finger at me.

I let out another long sigh. When my mom got drunk, she said and did some hurtful things towards me. She treated me like I was a step child. As if I don't belong in this family.I will never be as good as Alexandra Crane in her eyes. Being as tho Alex was her favorite and I was my dad's favorite we never really saw eye to eye. I tried to control my breathing, preparing for the hurtful words that were about to come next.

"You will never be as good as my Alex." She smirked. "If you were even as half as talented as Alexandra, You would be famous and not her!" Her voice rose with every word.

"I should've aborted yo ass," and with that she stumbled up stairs.

I stood on our stair case astonished by her hurtful words. Why doesn't she love me? Replayed over and over in my head like a broken record. Ever since I was younger she treated me like this. I should be use to it by now but I'm not. When Alex was here she always protected me from our parents. They couldn't say nothing to me without her stepping in, but now that she's gone my life has gotten worse.

I started cutting about a week ago. It soothes the pain that I am feeling from time to time. Every time I do it, I promise my self that it's the last time, but something else happens and I end up cutting again.Nobody in this world can understand the things I went through growing up. The only thing that keeps me calm in this terrible life of mine is my music.

I sighed making my way up the marble hard ware steps. My music kept me sane. It kept me from loosing my mind.

I had finally reached my room. The door was cracked open letting a little bit of light leaking in. My door was decorated with all types of posters. I pushed my door open some more allowing me access to get in. I quietly shut the door behind me, looking around at my spacious room.

Even though what my mom said hurt my feelings, I knew better than to cry. That will only show how weak I was and I don't want anybody to see me as week.

I plopped down on my queen size bed. The sheets week nicely made to the best of my ability. My writing notebook sat on top of the bed. In a swift motion I grabbed it, turning it to a blank page. I had been working on a song called I was here. (Pretend she wrote it) I wouldn't have the guts to perform it, but once I get big I would like to give my songs to someone.

Writing is like therapy to me. Whenever I was happy, sad or mad I would write. I would write whatever came to mind. Or how I was feeling at that exact moment.

I grabbed my favorite blue ink pen, and started writing whatever came to mind.

        I want to leave my footprints on the sands of time. No there was something that meant something that I left behind. When I leave this world, I leave no regrets. Leave something to remember so they won't forget

  I was here. I lived,I loved
I was here I did, I've done
Everything that I wanted and it was more that I thought it would be. I will leave my mark so everyone will know, I was here.

I wanna say I lived each day until I die, and knowing I meant something in somebody life.
The hearts I have touched will be the proof that I leave, that I made a difference and this world will see
I was here!

By now tears were streaming down my face like a water fall. Real thugs don't cry, I remind my self. I wiped my eyes, turning the page so I could continue writing.

I lived, I love. I was here. I did, I've done
Everything that I wanted and it was more than I thought it would be. I will leave my mark so everyone will know I was here!

I lived, I loved. I was here. I did I've done.Everything that I wanted and it was more than I thought it would be. I will leave my mark so everyone will know I was here!

I just want them to know that I gave my all, did my best.
Brought someone to happiness.
Left this world a little better just because.
I was here

I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted and it was more that I thought it would be I wanna leave my mark so everyone will know I was here.

I lived, I loved
I was here
I did I done
I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done
I was here

I sighed closing my notebook. That made me feel a lot better. I looked at my clock on the nightstand it read 4:30. Welp, I still got a couple more hours before school starts. I wiped my tear stained eyes.

Since I was already in my pajamas prior to me, being sleep just before my mom barged in. I rolled my eyes just at the fact that she disturbed my peaceful sleep.

Sometimes she just annoys my soul. Always drinking, coming home slate, and just mistreating me. I'm so sick of it!

I peaked back my icy blue covers, allowing access for me to slide in. Once I was wrapped up in my covers, I got comfortable. It wasn't long before I dozed off into a peaceful slumber.