╰┈➤ I Guess it's the End of the World then

[ a story where the world crumbles beneath your feet ]
↳ Inspired by Headphone Actor
↳ Idia Shroud × Reader (Can be read as Platonic or Romantic)
↳ Reader ≠ Yuu/MC
↳ 2nd POV
↳ Modern/Non-Magic AU
↳ Warning! Swearing, and Death

⊱ ────── {⋅. 💀 🎮 🎧 .⋅} ────── ⊰

"Nice shot Idia only one player left and victory is ours!!!" You exclaim as you rapidly yet strategically press the buttons of your controller. "I think I see them (Y/N)-shi...Ah! BEHIND YOU!!!" Idia warns you as you turn around and fight off the last remaining player 1v1. "Shit...they're good at dodging." You grit your teeth as you struggle taking them down.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" Idia exclaims as you hear the click-clack of his mouse and keyboard from your headset. And with one last strike the victory screen shows up. "LET'S GO!!!!" You cheer as you spin around in your chair. "GG! GG!" Idia said. "Welp, that was fun...but I gotta go to bed now. See ya tomorrow Idia." You logged off before yawning and stretching your arms.

It's pretty late in the night but it's nothing unusual for you. You and Idia were just online friends and now you guys are quite close to the point that you actually hang out in-person. After shutting off your gaming set-up you head to bed.

The next day it was a pretty average day, you in you apartment in pajamas and casually eating a bowl of cereal while afk grinding on a game in your phone. You turned on the TV hoping to watch some anime but you were greeted with unexpected news.

"We are with heavy hearts bringing word of this news. It seems that the end of the world will be arriving today." The president of the country conveyed with a tone trying to cover up a cry. You thought this was just a joke at first but panic filled your thoughts. Quickly changing into something casual you leave everything behind except for your phone. Rushing out the door it felt like the world was collapsing on it's own but you had to find Idia...fast.

You knew where he lived cause...well, you sometimes babysit Ortho. You were able to spot him nearby an open area away from the debris of the fallen buildings. "Ah mou...why did this have to happen?" he groaned. "Idia where's Ortho!?" You ask, noticing Ortho's not with him. "Fuck...He's at school!" Idia cursed as you both took off to get Ortho, his life probably mattered more than yours anyway. 

You knew a shortcut to his school but unfortunately, it follows through the alleyways so when you entered one, the 2 buildings collapsed beneath you. And it was too late for you to realize it.

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮
𝗚𝗔𝗠𝗘 𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥
ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ?

《 YES 》
NO
╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

You wake up with a jolt, heavily sweating making your hair stick to your forehead. As you try to calm yourself down, you look at the time from your phone. "It's the same date as yesterday...but was it just a dream?" You asked yourself as you get out of bed and changing out of your pajamas because of paranoia. 

You made yourself some cereal then turned on the TV and the same news reported. "Fuck...so it's not a joke." Grabbing your important belongings and stuffing them in your pocket, you ran to Idia's house. Using the spare key Idia gave you, you bust into the house.

"Idia!" You called out, already seeing him in a change of clothes. "We need to get Ortho." You said in between heavy breaths. "I know! I know!" Idia exclaimed, "We're taking my motorcycle." 

Taking Idia's motorcycle was a good idea 'cause as two gamers who barely go outside, running was the worst option but I guess the paranoia didn't make you think rationally. So far you were able to get farther than last time, avoiding falling buildings and rubbles of debris...until you hit a dead end. "Shit." You cursed as the ground beneath you crumbles leaving you in your demise.